Taiwan will be reunified with China, one way or another

Jan 2016
Colorado
Chinese President Xi Jinping has urged the people of Taiwan to accept it "must and will be" reunited with China.
In a speech marking 40 years since the start of improving ties, he reiterated Beijing's call for peaceful unification on a one-country-two-systems basis.
However, he also warned that China reserved the right to use force.

Xi: Taiwan will be reunited with China

Then what? The Baltics will be "reunited" with Russia? Canada will be "reunited" with the USA? Are we really in the era of strongmen grabbing what they like?
As far as being in the era of strongmen, I started a thread about that here:

We Are Now In The Age Of Tyrants

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Are you kidding? Have you noticed the guy in the oval office that is a fucking retard when it comes to global strategy? It would be O.K. if he listened to smarter people but he doesn't even do that!

I could just see him saying, "It was part of China anyway. What do we care?"
Are you kidding? Have you noticed the guy in the oval office that is a fucking retard when it comes to global strategy? It would be O.K. if he listened to smarter people but he doesn't even do that!

I could just see him saying, "It was part of China anyway. What do we care?"
@Davocrat here's a post for you to scold.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Bad word we should stop using, but he's not calling another member that.

Man, you kind of slow down on the uptake when you get pissed.
Hey genius, neither did I. I called the hypothetical victory dance that.
How did I know that you would find an excuse not to act all self righteous when it came to someone else?

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
Hey genius, neither did I. I called the hypothetical victory dance that.
How did I know that you would find an excuse not to act all self righteous when it came to someone else?
Wow. You know how to split hairs.

But okay. I know you're a mod and the rules are squishy that way. But examples 2-7 below are direct personal insults.

"And if you can't handle someone challenging your dumb premise without calling them a retard then maybe a political message board isn't the place for you."—MacDuff

Screenshot 2019-01-11 17.41.11.png

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Wow. You know how to split hairs.

But okay. I know you're a mod and the rules are squishy that way. But examples 2-7 below are direct personal insults.

"And if you can't handle someone challenging your dumb premise without calling them a retard then maybe a political message board isn't the place for you."—MacDuff

View attachment 20694
No they aren't. I just explained the distinction to you. Which was a perfectly good one in your eyes when it came to someone else.