'Take her out': New recording appears to feature an angry Trump telling associates to 'get rid of' the US's ambassador to Ukraine for bad-mouthing him

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
President Donald Trump in April 2018 appeared to order associates to "get rid of" Marie Yovanovitch, the US's ambassador to Ukraine, in a newly unearthed recording reviewed by ABC News, first reported on Friday.

"Get rid of her!" a voice that sounded like Trump's said in the recording, according to ABC. "Get her out tomorrow. I don't care. Get her out tomorrow. Take her out. OK? Do it."

Trump was reportedly speaking with a group that included Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, associates of his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani. Both Parnas and Fruman have been indicted in New York and entangled in the impeachment inquiry.

this is the corruption that the GOP is about to sign on to. I'm sure the voters will keep that in mind come next election.

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Orangemanbad
actually, that's a good point. My first read was that he was just saying that she should be fired. But, "take her out" can have other meanings. It gotten way past time for Barr to appoint another special prosecutor to investigate Trump.

I'm not going there.

He meant fire her. That's bad enough.

Trump's a sissy trying to sound tough.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
President Donald Trump in April 2018 appeared to order associates to "get rid of" Marie Yovanovitch, the US's ambassador to Ukraine, in a newly unearthed recording reviewed by ABC News, first reported on Friday.

"Get rid of her!" a voice that sounded like Trump's said in the recording, according to ABC. "Get her out tomorrow. I don't care. Get her out tomorrow. Take her out. OK? Do it."

Trump was reportedly speaking with a group that included Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, associates of his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani. Both Parnas and Fruman have been indicted in New York and entangled in the impeachment inquiry.

this is the corruption that the GOP is about to sign on to. I'm sure the voters will keep that in mind come next election.
So is the premise that Trump was ordering his to staff to kill her...??

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
So is the premise that Trump was ordering his to staff to kill her...??

good question. I'm just remembering how she was rushed out of her post. If this happened around the same time of this recording - presuming that it is Trump - I think the least we should expect is an investigation.

Last edited:
Sep 2019
dfw, texas
i am sure trump, though a first class punk and weasel, is not homicidal. i believe he meant take her out, like get her the hell out of Ukraine so rudy and I can get our shit done without somebody looking over our shoulders.