Tanks

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
Last edited:
Dec 2007
Middle of nowhere Arkansas
Does it matter? Tanks and tank battles are anachronisms. These are just expensive targets for tank busting missiles. Although they still scare the heck out of unsupported ground troops or crowds of civilians.
It's been said militaries are usually prepared to fight the last war. I think there is something to that idea. There is no reason to assume the us will "only" continue to wage wars against stone aged peoples. Both china and Russia are building their militarized while we "seem" to be concerned with much more specious issues.

Last edited:
Jul 2014
Philadelphia
It's been said militarized are usually prepared to fight the last war. I think there is something to that idea. There is no reason to assume the us will "only" continue to wage wars against stone aged peoples. Both china and Russia are building their militarized while we "seem" to be concerned with much more specious issues.
I hope you are wrong about that. I lean toward an anti-war bent, but I sleep better at night knowing that if push comes to shove, the US military and it's tech superiority cannot be matched.

Dec 2007
Middle of nowhere Arkansas
I hope you are wrong about that. I lean toward an anti-war bent, but I sleep better at night knowing that if push comes to shove, the US military and it's tech superiority cannot be matched.
I'm sick to death with all the military adventurism exhibited by presidents of both parties since the fall of the Soviet Union. I'm of the belief we should trade with folks and not bomb them.

In regards to our military. I dunno. I believe our military industrial complex exists to use taxpayer monies to provide jobs and enrich corporations more than anything else. Hell, some programs continue for decades and never produce anything of value while siphoning trillions of dollars away from the taxpayers. God knows our military isn't being used to protect the nation from invasion.

Having said that while our military is great for taking out stone aged goat herders but I have to wonder just how well our forces would do against a modern military. In all fairness the fact we haven't won an actual war since ww2 makes me wonder if we (as a society) are even capable of waging war anymore.