Target Retailer Hits $15 Billion Loss Since Pro-Transgender Announcement

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Is a 30% loss in stock value a "handful of people"?

Really?

And, what will be the excuse when the stock doesn't recover as other similar retailers stock increase?

Just asking.
Two major things....

One was their massive credit card breach and the other was pulling out of Canada..

Another problem - more people than ever are using sites like Amazon

Target’s plunge prompted declines across the retail sector. Wal-Mart Stores Inc was down 2.0 percent, with Kroger Co down 1.2 percent and Macy's Inc off 1.7 percent. Dollar General Corp fell 4.2 percent.

"It's that drum beat of bad retail news of the big-box retailers. So in case you thought maybe that was over, Target certainly reminded us all that it didn't," said Mark Spellman, portfolio manager at Alpine Funds in Purchase, New York.

"(It) underscores the travails that have been going on in the industry."

Target's profit outlook sinks retail stocks | Reuters

My local Target is always busy during the day and zero protests.

So yeah, nothing at all to do with their trans policy.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
The main issue i have with Target is not with is restroom policies..it is with the fact that you can't find anything on the shelves that is not made in China.
Two major things....

One was their massive credit card breach and the other was pulling out of Canada..

Another problem - more people than ever are using sites like Amazon

Target’s plunge prompted declines across the retail sector. Wal-Mart Stores Inc was down 2.0 percent, with Kroger Co down 1.2 percent and Macy's Inc off 1.7 percent. Dollar General Corp fell 4.2 percent.

"It's that drum beat of bad retail news of the big-box retailers. So in case you thought maybe that was over, Target certainly reminded us all that it didn't," said Mark Spellman, portfolio manager at Alpine Funds in Purchase, New York.

"(It) underscores the travails that have been going on in the industry."

Target's profit outlook sinks retail stocks | Reuters

My local Target is always busy during the day and zero protests.

So yeah, nothing at all to do with their trans policy.
You guys can continue to deny it all you want.

I know no one is going to convince someone who lives in an Alt Left Universe anything about reality.

Meanwhile, back in reality the company has lost some $10 billion in value since the boycott began and has abruptly canceled two major projects for expansion in the future.

You guys are gonna have to work hard to keep making up excuses in the future.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
You guys can continue to deny it all you want.

I know no one is going to convince someone who lives in an Alt Left Universe anything about reality.

Meanwhile, back in reality the company has lost some $10 billion in value since the boycott began and has abruptly canceled two major projects for expansion in the future.

You guys are gonna have to work hard to keep making up excuses in the future.
I literally have posted 2 links in this thread showing where the stock prices of Target have zero to do with their Trans policy - and you still deny it.

Your not worth wasting any more time on because you live in the land of denial if it doesn't conform to your obvious confirmation bias.