Tarrant County Republicans vote tonight on Muslim Vice Chair

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
He's classy and gracious. He refused to take the bait by reporters to speak against the bigots:

"Today, the beacon of liberty held by the Statue of Liberty is shining brighter," Shafi said after the vote. "My faith in our party, in our country, has been reaffirmed."

Shafi said he held no animosity for his detractors, instead attributing the dozens of votes against him to a difference of opinion. Other minorities should draw inspiration from the night's events, Shafi said, because the vote proved the Tarrant County GOP is open to all conservatives.

Tarrant County GOP votes to retain Muslim vice chair following months of controversy | Politics | Dallas News

Dec 2015
SoCal
Islam is not compatible with Western Values.

I don't know this person but, I know ..... there is no place for Islam in our government.
Don't be a nut. Of course there is room for all religions in our country, and though I personally eschew organized religion, I have no problem with those who are religious. I simply pray they follow the peaceful tenets of whatever religion they purport to follow.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Don't be a nut. Of course there is room for all religions in our country, and though I personally eschew organized religion, I have no problem with those who are religious. I simply pray they follow the peaceful tenets of whatever religion they purport to follow.
You might as well be telling squirrels to drop nuts from their diets.