Tarrant County Republicans vote tonight on Muslim Vice Chair

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Remember this? Democrats Accused of ‘Religious Bigotry’
Objecting to Shahid Shafi on the basis of his religion is just as bad. It's the same thing.
I know ...

But, Islam is not just a Religion.

It is also a totalitarian form of Government whose goal is to infiltrate and conquer.

Many will deny this but, the muslims have been doing this for Centuries.

It's undeniable.

My problem with Islam is not based in Religion.

It's based in Government.

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
Dr. Sampson Simpson has been banned from this thread. Please do not reply to his posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I know ...

It is also a totalitarian form of Government whose goal is to infiltrate and conquer.

It's undeniable.

Ok, then, let me ask you this.

Muslim Tatars have ruled Russia for centuries, under the Golden Horde (first imposed by the Mongols, by Batu Khan, Genghis Khan's grandson; later the Tatars took it over on their behalf).

The Tatars, again, were Muslim. Yet, guess what, they never sought to impose their religion on the Orthodox Christian Russians, or otherwise interfere with their internal affairs.

There was the Tatar Khan, such as Berke, below (love this recent new historic movie came out over there last year)

He was the supreme authority in the Horde, Khan meant like "Emperor", back then.

However, the Russian Tsar, Yaroslav, in this case, had total autonomy in his own territory

and the Orthodox Church not only continued to function, but thrived, in fact, that era was when the Patriarch became the politically important and powerful figure just like Kirill today

:D

There was a Tatar envoy at the royal court, whose function was mainly maintenance of cordial relations between the Khan and the Tsar

The whole system is not without its unpleasantries, such as harsh slavery for some Russian men in Tatar mines and workshops and such

Mostly, though, random people were not enslaved back then, it was mainly for those convicted of serious crimes or captured after taking part in insurrection against Horde rule. Not just Russians, people from all over the Empire. Slavery in Golden Horde was not an industry, per se, like in Africa and such, but more of a punishment :)

Mostly, Russians just paid obrok (taxes, from every village and town) to the Khan; and provided able bodied men to his military; and that was really the extent of the power the Horde exercised of the Tsardom.

The military draft is the issue actually brought up in the movie, where the Russian public is on the verge of rebellion, after Berke asks Yaroslav for a whopping 10,000 soldiers for his army, as he prepares for some big war somewhere; this on the brink of harvest season, when the farmers need their sons home to help them out in the fields; there is rumbling and protests

Long story short, the issue is settle, naturally, via an exchange... of women lol

On one side, Russian princess Ustinya, the young fiancee of Yaroslav's own brother Boris, has to marry Khan Berke, whose fallen hard for her, apparently, the old bugger; in return, he cuts the demanded number of men in half, to 5,000

Probably one of the best images in that whole film; Ustinya walking off towards the Tatar troops who will take her to the Khan. She has no love for him. But loves her people. And knows if she does not do this, there may well be forced conscription, uprising, war, thousands and thousands dead. So, she does her duty...

On other side, is equally young and beautiful Priness Nargiz, Berke's daughter, whom he gives to Yaroslav as concubine to sweeten the deal

Yaroslav, of course, gladly accepts the gift, even though he (like Berke) already has a wife, Radmila

But then, polygamy was hardly unusual for especially the rich and powerful in Russia in those days (or even now, basically haha Only the concubines are now referred to "personal assistant", "secretary", etc :D)

Very interesting time, all in all...

But, why I am telling this whole story, point is, yeah, Muslims ruled Russia then, yet they did not force Islam on Russians or anything.

Similarly, you can look at the Moors in Spain; or the Mughals in India, who did not destroy the Hindu civilization, yet left behind them some majestic historic monuments as the Taj Mahal

Just saying, man, read up on this stuff (and not on sites like Breitbart lol), expand your horizons a bit, it'll open your eyes on a lot of things. I love history, myself. Favorite subject of mine, always was :)

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
This issue is far from over. The anti-Shafi faction now wants the Party Chair's head on a platter.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
I know ...

It's undeniable.

It depends on the person, John. Many Muslims view it only as a religion. Period. Some use it as a Political ideology. There is not a shred of evidence Dr. Shafi does. He moved from Pakistan to get away from that.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
It depends on the person, John. Many Muslims view it only as a religion. Period. Some use it as a Political ideology. There is not a shred of evidence Dr. Shafi does. He moved from Pakistan to get away from that.
Please forgive me.

I do not believe them.

And you .....

Would never believe a follower of David Duke ....

But, if they are Muslim .... you give them a pass .....

Why is that?

Jan 2016
Colorado
Ok, then, let me ask you this.

Muslim Tatars have ruled Russia for centuries, under the Golden Horde (first imposed by the Mongols, by Batu Khan, Genghis Khan's grandson; later the Tatars took it over on their behalf).

The Tatars, again, were Muslim. Yet, guess what, they never sought to impose their religion on the Orthodox Christian Russians, or otherwise interfere with their internal affairs.

There was the Tatar Khan, such as Berke, below (love this recent new historic movie came out over there last year)

He was the supreme authority in the Horde, Khan meant like "Emperor", back then.

However, the Russian Tsar, Yaroslav, in this case, had total autonomy in his own territory

and the Orthodox Church not only continued to function, but thrived, in fact, that era was when the Patriarch became the politically important and powerful figure just like Kirill today

:D

There was a Tatar envoy at the royal court, whose function was mainly maintenance of cordial relations between the Khan and the Tsar

The whole system is not without its unpleasantries, such as harsh slavery for some Russian men in Tatar mines and workshops and such

Mostly, though, random people were not enslaved back then, it was mainly for those convicted of serious crimes or captured after taking part in insurrection against Horde rule. Not just Russians, people from all over the Empire. Slavery in Golden Horde was not an industry, per se, like in Africa and such, but more of a punishment:)

Mostly, Russians just paid obrok (taxes, from every village and town) to the Khan; and provided able bodied men to his military; and that was really the extent of the power the Horde exercised of the Tsardom.

The military draft is the issue actually brought up in the movie, where the Russian public is on the verge of rebellion, after Berke asks Yaroslav for a whopping 10,000 soldiers for his army, as he prepares for some big war somewhere; this on the brink of harvest season, when the farmers need their sons home to help them out in the fields; there is rumbling and protests

Long story short, the issue is settle, naturally, via an exchange... of women lol

On one side, Russian princess Ustinya, the young fiancee of Yaroslav's own brother Boris, has to marry Khan Berke, whose fallen hard for her, apparently, the old bugger; in return, he cuts the demanded number of men in half, to 5,000

Probably one of the best images in that whole film; Ustinya walking off towards the Tatar troops who will take her to the Khan. She has no love for him. But loves her people. And knows if she does not do this, there may well be forced conscription, uprising, war, thousands and thousands dead. So, she does her duty...

On other side, is equally young and beautiful Priness Nargiz, Berke's daughter, whom he gives to Yaroslav as concubine to sweeten the deal

Yaroslav, of course, gladly accepts the gift, even though he (like Berke) already has a wife, Radmila

But then, polygamy was hardly unusual for especially the rich and powerful in Russia in those days (or even now, basically haha Only the concubines are now referred to "personal assistant", "secretary", etc :D)

Very interesting time, all in all...

But, why I am telling this whole story, point is, yeah, Muslims ruled Russia then, yet they did not force Islam on Russians or anything.

Similarly, you can look at the Moors in Spain; or the Mughals in India, who did not destroy the Hindu civilization, yet left behind them some majestic historic monuments as the Taj Mahal

Just saying, man, read up on this stuff (and not on sites like Breitbart lol), expand your horizons a bit, it'll open your eyes on a lot of things. I love history, myself. Favorite subject of mine, always was :)
Love all the beautiful photos, The Man, but you're trying to give a history lesson to a poster who manifestly has zero interest in learning history. Still, wanted you to know that some of us, at least, appreciate the effort that goes into these posts on your part. As you know, I have a keen interest in the history of Central Asia.....