Tax Cut To Widen Trade Gap That Riles Trump

Sep 2013
On a hill
And what will happen as the trade deficit actually gets larger and LARGER, under the Trumpian economic policies?

Well, I actually suspect you all KNOW what will happen.

Mr. Trump will get angrier, and angrier, and ANGRIER!!!

And he will, of course, blame all of them foreigners.
And Obama. Dont forget Obama.

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu
Bumping this because SOOOO many folks just don't understand it......
It's easy to understand, Prosperity in the USA increases the trade deficit and President Trump has delivered up prosperity that we haven't seen in over a decade.

Jan 2016
Colorado
It's easy to understand, Prosperity in the USA increases the trade deficit and President Trump has delivered up prosperity that we haven't seen in over a decade.
Apparently, you've utterly forgotten that Mr. Trump promised to 'fix' the trade deficit.

Which is pretty fucking AMAZING, Libertine, considering that it was his SIGNATURE ISSUE, one he talked about REPEATEDLY and INCESSANTLY on the campaign trail.

Jan 2016
Colorado
America had a MASSIVE trade SURPLUS for the first three-fourths of the 20th century. Were we not prosperous then?

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu
America had a MASSIVE trade SURPLUS for the first three-fourths of the 20th century. Were we not prosperous then?
We were extremely prosperous because the entire industrial world had been destroyed in WWII sans the USA.

Last edited:
Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
And what will happen as the trade deficit actually gets larger and LARGER, under the Trumpian economic policies?

Well, I actually suspect you all KNOW what will happen.

Mr. Trump will get angrier, and angrier, and ANGRIER!!!

And he will, of course, blame all of them foreigners.
By the time that becomes enough of a problem to be on the radar of the voting public, we'll have a new president. Than it will be his/her fault.

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2014
Border Fence
Your view and I might add Trump's view of trade deficits is fundamentally flawed:

[video=youtube;LmZsVF_alzs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmZsVF_alzs&list=ULSWXLqWhV5AY&index=700[/video]
For the record, most Americans did not have an eye out on the trade deficit. It was economic genius Trump that has had a feeling that the US is getting a raw deal on trade.

Donald Trump has his own ideas of what is wrong with America. I can give a shit about trade deficits...what problem is that trade wars do hurt Americans.

Trade wars do not solve trade deficits.