Tax the rich

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
[T]he purpose of taxation is to enable civilisation.
"Taxes are what we pay for civilized society..." Compania General De Tabacos De Filipinas v Collector of Internal Revenue, 275 U.S. 87 (1927) (Holmes, J., dissenting).

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
That's got jack shit to do with the problem. Your Bush guy, along with Blair, should have been shot at dawn for invading Iraq. If useless Bush triggered the financial collapse, can you whack him over the head with a cricket bat. I couldn't care what party he belongs to.

History in the UK has always shown that useless labour run up the deficit and the conservatives balance the books. Blair and Brown stuffed it up big time, then along came America with poor bank regulation. I honestly having a clue how the UK can clear a debt of this size, raising tax will have the opposite effect, the economy will go down. Then guess what Corbyn said (useless Labour leader), "We will give you free tution fees".
Blame it on Thatcher. The trickle down myth is for losers and those who refuse to learn from history.

Feb 2011
Boise, ID
Democrats seeking adulation from progressive media and giddy excitement from voters are going to spend the next 18 months lofting up idealistically generous social policies funded by “taxing the rich.” There will be no honest attempt to propose an actually-workable, actually-intelligent policy, because the only goal is populism. Zero emissions and reversal of global warming and free healthcare for all and paid sick leave for all and tax the rich to pay for it OMG VOTE FOR ME PLEASE!

Jul 2011
UK/Australia
Democrats seeking adulation from progressive media and giddy excitement from voters are going to spend the next 18 months lofting up idealistically generous social policies funded by “taxing the rich.” There will be no honest attempt to propose an actually-workable, actually-intelligent policy, because the only goal is populism. Zero emissions and reversal of global warming and free healthcare for all and paid sick leave for all and tax the rich to pay for it OMG VOTE FOR ME PLEASE!
Perhaps so, while equivalent Republicans might wave their guns and Bibles, and chant "Murica love it or leave it!" I tend to judge people by what they do when in positions of power - not by what they promise to do in order to gain those positions.