Tax the rich

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Democrats seeking adulation from progressive media and giddy excitement from voters are going to spend the next 18 months lofting up idealistically generous social policies funded by “taxing the rich.” There will be no honest attempt to propose an actually-workable, actually-intelligent policy, because the only goal is populism. Zero emissions and reversal of global warming and free healthcare for all and paid sick leave for all and tax the rich to pay for it OMG VOTE FOR ME PLEASE!
Elizabeth Warren disagrees with you, she has detailed policies.
A Guide to Elizabeth Warren’s (Many) 2020 Policy Proposals

May 2012
By the wall
So they increased population and didn't increase funding to match and now it is fucked up, who knew?
You are missing the point.

Britain is suffering from substandard care because the whole program is government funded and is reliant on the government, like you said, to fund it.

Do you want to put your healthcare in the responsibility of some politician or do you want to control it yourself?

This is the problem.

Britain's Version Of 'Medicare For All' Is Struggling With Long Waits For Care

Nearly a quarter of a million British patients have been waiting more than six months to receive planned medical treatment from the National Health Service, according to a recent report from the Royal College of Surgeons. More than 36,000 have been in treatment queues for nine months or more.
Wait times for cancer treatment -- where timeliness can be a matter of life and death -- are also far too lengthy. According to January NHS England data, almost 25% of cancer patients didn't start treatment on time despite an urgent referral by their primary care doctor. That's the worst performance since records began in 2009.

Unsurprisingly, British cancer patients fare worse than those in the United States. Only 81% of breast cancer patients in the United Kingdom live at least five years after diagnosis, compared to 89% in the United States. Just 83% of patients in the United Kingdom live five years after a prostate cancer diagnosis, versus 97% here in America.

I'm sorry but I do not want to put my healthcare in the hands of any government official.

I will do it on my own.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN

Britain is suffering from substandard care because the whole program is government funded and is reliant on the government, like you said, to fund it.

Do you want to put your healthcare in the responsibility of some politician or do you want to control it yourself?

This is the problem.

I'm sorry but I do not want to put my healthcare in the hands of any government official.

I will do it on my own.
Fuck, Dude, you are talking to a Medicare and VA recipient. And they take care of me fine, and millions of others. Don't try to foist your partisan paranoia off on me. And most don't "do it on their own", their employer does it for them.

May 2012
By the wall
Fuck, Dude, you are talking to a Medicare and VA recipient. And they take care of me fine, and millions of others. Don't try to foist your partisan paranoia off on me.
Because those of us that pay for private care are funding it.

It allows you to have better doctors, better equipment and better treatment.

I posted the data for you, if you choose to ignore it then that's on you.

If we go to a government funded system your care will suffer.

Bottom line.

Right now there are around 45 million people on medicare, with the left's plan there will be almost 400 million.

You don't think that will affect your care?

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Because those of us that pay for private care are funding it.

It allows you to have better doctors, better equipment and better treatment.

I posted the data for you, if you choose to ignore it then that's on you.

If we go to a government funded system your care will suffer.

Bottom line.

Right now there are around 45 million people on medicare, with the left's plan there will be almost 400 million.

You don't think that will affect your care?
Fear mongering is not going to work on me...I am not an uneducated cultist.

May 2012
By the wall
Fear mongering is not going to work on me...I am not an uneducated cultist.
Apparently you are since you can't debate my points with any facts.

Tell us why we should adopt Britains system when it's obviously failing.

Or keep your head buried in the sand.

1556612216594.png

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
When did I say we should adopt Britain's system? There are dozens of UHC systems that are not failing, BTW, our system is failing like crazy for millions of Americans. But keep your head in the sand about that little fact.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.

This is the problem.

I will do it on my own.
Britain does not have Medicare for all. It's more like VA for all. The hospitals are run by the government and all the health care workers work for the government. They do have some issues with wait times for non-urgent medical care but so do certain areas of the US. And no Brits EVER go bankrupt because they got sick or injured.

May 2012
By the wall
Britain does not have Medicare for all. It's more like VA for all. The hospitals are run by the government and all the health care workers work for the government. They do have some issues with wait times for non-urgent medical care but so do certain areas of the US. And no Brits EVER go bankrupt because they got sick or injured.
I already posted the source that they have to wait for necessary cancer treatment when their doctor says it's urgent which is why they have a higher mortality rate than us.

And please tell us the difference between medicare and the VA.

They are both government run healthcare.