Tax the rich

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
That seems to be a very poor attitude to put on display here in this little obscure political forum.

Don't you think that "Medicare for all" or "UHC", or "Single Payer", or whatever else they are calling it this week is gonna improve all our lives immeasurably?

Sure you do, and you probably think it's gonna be "free".

Ya see, since I have actually lived there with it, I know how much it's gonna suck.

But, you'll find out when it gets here.

And, it's coming, it's just a matter of time...
Dude, I already have Medicare, and the VA, you are preaching to the choir. Let me tell you, this is the best healthcare I have had in my entire life. I spent 50 years on employer based healthcare, going through gaps when changing jobs, some decent coverage some shit coverage. And when unemployed, no coverage, so fuck your whining about changing the system, the system has sucked for decades and is getting worse, not better. Time for a change.

May 2007
your place
You've already got the likes of Apple channeling money to Bermuda, how are you currently taxing that !!

Large corporations like Apple don’t pay that much in taxes. That is the point of changing the tax laws. The general idea is that politicians have sold out to rich people and corporations and as a result the laws favor the rich. It has created a sort of aristocracy where an extremely small percentage of the population has hoarded up an extremely high percentage of the wealth. This has happened because of corruption. It isn’t what the framers envisioned. The right wing media apparatus has fooled right wingers into believing that the laws should continue to favor them getting squeezed out by corporations.

Jul 2014
midwest
Dude, I already have Medicare, and the VA, you are preaching to the choir. Let me tell you, this is the best healthcare I have had in my entire life. I spent 50 years on employer based healthcare, going through gaps when changing jobs, some decent coverage some shit coverage. And when unemployed, no coverage, so fuck your whining about changing the system, the system has sucked for decades and is getting worse, not better. Time for a change.
You think we'll live long enough to see it here?

If you DO live that long you'll see just how bad it is.

I just wonder if it's gonna be better than Obamacare?

Or worse?

Either way, it's gonna be bad...

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
You think we'll live long enough to see it here?

If you DO live that long you'll see just how bad it is.

I just wonder if it's gonna be better than Obamacare?

Or worse?

Either way, it's gonna be bad...
Why? Because you don't like it? You gonna turn down your Medicare when you hit 65? Sure you are.....

Jul 2014
midwest
Why? Because you don't like it? You gonna turn down your Medicare when you hit 65? Sure you are.....
If I hit the lottery in a big way, I won't have to.

You got your retirement plan, and I got mine.

But, since I have never purchased a lottery ticket in my life, my chances are not good.

Last edited:
Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
If I hit the lottery in a big way, I won't have to.

You got your retirement plan, and I got mine.

But, since I have never purchased a lottery ticket in my life, so my chances are not good.
Yeah, and you are going to grab that Medicare and Social Security and love every penny of it.

Jul 2014
midwest
Yeah, and you are going to grab that Medicare and Social Security and love every penny of it.
I may not even live that long. (keep hope alive, eh?)

Since the world is going to end in about 11 1/2 years, it won't matter anyway.

Right?

Some idiots are saying that, ya know...

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
I may not even live that long. (keep hope alive, eh?)

Since the world is going to end in about 11 1/2 years, it won't matter anyway.

Right?

Some idiots are saying that, ya know...
True, you might not make it to retirement, especially if you lose your job and your health insurance, those cancer treatments add up to 6 figures in weeks.

Jul 2014
midwest
True, you might not make it to retirement, especially if you lose your job and your health insurance, those cancer treatments add up to 6 figures in weeks.
No one knows what the future holds.

I could be dead this time tomorrow, as you or any of us could be.

But with the earth having only about 11 1/2 years left, I like may chances of living at least THAT long!

In the meantime, let's don't discount the possibility of me hitting the lottery...

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
No one knows what the future holds.

I could be dead this time tomorrow, as you or any of us could be.

But with the earth having only about 11 1/2 years left, I like may chances of living at least THAT long!

In the meantime, let's don't discount the possibility of me hitting the lottery...
I would be hitting the lottery if I got another 11.5 years, that would get me to 87, way past my sell date.