Taya Kyle: Nike, I love your gear, but your Colin Kaepernick ad exhausts my spirit

Apr 2018
California US
Seems more people support Nike and Kaepernick and dump Trump.

Quote, "Nike's Online Sales Soar After Colin Kaepernick Ad Campaign Launches

Mary Papenfuss,HuffPost• September 8, 2018

Nike’s online sales have rocketed since the company revealed that former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick would be the face of its 30th anniversary “Just Do It” ad campaign. President Donald Trump, who railed against Nike’s homage to the gridiron protester, insisted Wednesday that Nike was “getting absolutely killed with anger and boycotts” because of the ad.

Online sales jumped 27 percent from Sunday through Wednesday, according to Edison Trends, a Silicon Valley digital sales and trends research firm. Nike’s sales decreased 2 percent during the same period last year, according to Edison figures.

Nike's Online Sales Soar After Colin Kaepernick Ad Campaign Launches

Twitter for Websites — ads info and privacy

Ironically, while the president’s supporters were trash-talking Nike, Trump boasted in an interview with the Daily Caller: “Nike is a tenant of mine. They pay a lot of rent.” Forbes has estimated Nike was paying $13 million a year in rent.

The company’s flagship store was located in Trump Tower but moved out this year for another Manhattan location. Nike’s new landlords are still covering its Trump Tower rent on the Nike lease, which runs until 2022, Bloomberg reported earlier this year.

Some Trump supporters boasted on social media that they’re burning their Nike gear and even recommended buying Nike shoes “favored by liberals” and torching them — which would help boost Nike’s bottom line

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
It’s been a week. We’ve already seen controversy and a town in Louisiana put out instructions that Nike products aren’t to be purchased with Rec Dept money. Next it will be schools.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
A) it's highly unlikely what that LA town in legal. Are they really going to use police to arrest people for wearing Nike?

B) Nike's stock is back to normal

Nike’s share prices have fully recovered after taking a hit following its announcement that Colin Kaepernick would be the face of its latest ad campaign.

Nike share prices were trading at $82.96 on Tuesday morning, higher than the $82.20 at which it was trading the session before the company made its announcement about Kaepernick on Sept. 3. The stock had dipped below $80 after the announcement.

The former quarterback was the first NFL player to protest racial inequality and police brutality by taking a knee during the national anthem before games.

The New York Post estimated Nike had lost $3.3 billion in market value after the announcement, though it recovered that as share prices rebounded.

Nike's stocks fully recover after Kaepernick ad

So it appears the joke is on people melting down about Nike. Just think, if you had bought shares when their stock was down, you could have made a pretty penny in less than a week's time.

Oct 2013
Upstate New York
Editor's note: The following column originally appeared on Facebook on September 4. Since it was posted it has received more than 23,000 shares and more than 3,500 comments.

Nike, I love your gear, but you exhaust my spirit on this one. Your new ad with Colin Kaepernick. I get the message, but that sacrificing everything thing – it just doesn’t play out here.

Sacrificing what, exactly? A career? I’ve done that both times I chose to stay home and be with my kids instead of continuing my business climb. And it wasn’t sacrificing everything. It was sacrificing one career and some money and it was because of what I believe in and, more importantly, who I believe in.

Taya Kyle: Nike, I love your gear, but your Colin Kaepernick ad exhausts my spirit

This is spot on.

What did this anti-American POS sacrifice with his American privileged ...

What a POS.....

This is why the Left has not won ANY significant elections since 2010.

As B. Hussein stated ....

Get ready for the new Norm ...
I haven't bought Nike products since they started manufacturing them in Mexico. Never will until they close down the plants there and return to the USA.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
A) it's highly unlikely what that LA town in legal. Are they really going to use police to arrest people for wearing Nike?

B) Nike's stock is back to normal

Nike’s share prices have fully recovered after taking a hit following its announcement that Colin Kaepernick would be the face of its latest ad campaign.

Nike share prices were trading at $82.96 on Tuesday morning, higher than the $82.20 at which it was trading the session before the company made its announcement about Kaepernick on Sept. 3. The stock had dipped below $80 after the announcement.

The former quarterback was the first NFL player to protest racial inequality and police brutality by taking a knee during the national anthem before games.

The New York Post estimated Nike had lost $3.3 billion in market value after the announcement, though it recovered that as share prices rebounded.

Nike's stocks fully recover after Kaepernick ad

So it appears the joke is on people melting down about Nike. Just think, if you had bought shares when their stock was down, you could have made a pretty penny in less than a week's time.
Talk about missing the entire context of the posts. No one said that anyone was going to be arrested by the police for wearing Nike products. Talk about going off the stupid end. Tell me, HayJenn do you actually read before you put us such an ignorant post? I doubt it. The city has decided that the city recreation departments will not be purchasing Nike products, like uniforms. No city money is to be spent on Nike products. As for their stock? I'm sure that you are excited. I'm sure that you see it as a win! Jump up and cheer. Show your ignorance. Because soon you will see other companies that back conservative causes. Then you will scream and shout that the bakery cannot be conservative only liberal businesses are allowed.

May 2007
Houston, Texas
Talk about missing the entire context of the posts. No one said that anyone was going to be arrested by the police for wearing Nike products. Talk about going off the stupid end. Tell me, HayJenn do you actually read before you put us such an ignorant post? I doubt it. The city has decided that the city recreation departments will not be purchasing Nike products, like uniforms. No city money is to be spent on Nike products. As for their stock? I'm sure that you are excited. I'm sure that you see it as a win! Jump up and cheer. Show your ignorance. Because soon you will see other companies that back conservative causes. Then you will scream and shout that the bakery cannot be conservative only liberal businesses are allowed.
Nike is doing well and it pisses you off. You should be happy, look at those jobs.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
Nike is doing well and it pisses you off. You should be happy, look at those jobs.
Nike outsources its manufacturing to third party companies in countries such as; China, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and Malaysia. Nike has 46 factories in the United States employing a total of 5506 workers. That is 7% of its 542 factories but only less tha 1/2 of a percentage of its 1,023,020 workers. I wonder why they manufacture most of their goods offshore? I wonder why most of the manufacturing jobs are not in the USA. Oh right, high labor costs.

Nike Sustainability - Interactive Map

May 2007
Houston, Texas
Nike outsources its manufacturing to third party companies in countries such as; China, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and Malaysia. Nike has 46 factories in the United States employing a total of 5506 workers. That is 7% of its 542 factories but only less tha 1/2 of a percentage of its 1,023,020 workers. I wonder why they manufacture most of their goods offshore? I wonder why most of the manufacturing jobs are not in the USA. Oh right, high labor costs.

Nike Sustainability - Interactive Map
When Trump starts making his cloths in the U.S., I will concern myself where Nike's are manufactured.