Taya Kyle: Nike, I love your gear, but your Colin Kaepernick ad exhausts my spirit

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Nike outsources its manufacturing to third party companies in countries such as; China, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and Malaysia. Nike has 46 factories in the United States employing a total of 5506 workers. That is 7% of its 542 factories but only less tha 1/2 of a percentage of its 1,023,020 workers. I wonder why they manufacture most of their goods offshore? I wonder why most of the manufacturing jobs are not in the USA. Oh right, high labor costs.

Nike Sustainability - Interactive Map
Dammit!!! Why do American workers just insist on being paid more than slave labor in China?
I mean how can Nike make a profit selling fucking tennis shoes for $150.00 or more a pair if they have to pay their workers decently?
I mean, do they expect the CEO of Nike to work for less than $9.5 million a year? WTF?

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
widow of sociopath sends narcissistic statement that doesn’t address police brutality
Don't disrespect men who actually did sacrifice for their country or their widows. Chris Kyle died because he was trying to help a veteran. He risked his life many times over for this country. Colin Kaepernick got rich from a guaranteed contract and then and endorsement deal. Disrespecting the flag and national anthem doesn't do a damn about police brutality. In fact, it's pretty ironic that brain damaged players claiming to be protesting police brutality then stood for the Mexican and British national anthems.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Sorry, what were his heroic acts? He certainly appears to have been good at his particular job, but what did he do that one could call heroic?
This is a pretty cynical view of the guy. To me, I give his later fish stories a bit of a pass given what he went through in the war.

Tell me how do you get the military's 3rd highest award?
Remember when these people would pretend that they respected
Anyone? What were Chris Kyle's heroic acts? He certainly seemed to be good at his job, but does he deserve more kudos to the millions of others that served and were good at theirs?

He also was fallible, human, with glaring faults such as his bragging and flat out lying, in addition to his attention seeking.
I love how people who slobber with praise for brain damaged football players disres
Anyone? What were Chris Kyle's heroic acts? He certainly seemed to be good at his job, but does he deserve more kudos to the millions of others that served and were good at theirs?

He also was fallible, human, with glaring faults such as his bragging and flat out lying, in addition to his attention seeking.
He just fucking told you.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Talk about missing the entire context of the posts. No one said that anyone was going to be arrested by the police for wearing Nike products. Talk about going off the stupid end. Tell me, HayJenn do you actually read before you put us such an ignorant post? I doubt it. The city has decided that the city recreation departments will not be purchasing Nike products, like uniforms. No city money is to be spent on Nike products. As for their stock? I'm sure that you are excited. I'm sure that you see it as a win! Jump up and cheer. Show your ignorance. Because soon you will see other companies that back conservative causes. Then you will scream and shout that the bakery cannot be conservative only liberal businesses are allowed.
In what way was my post "stupid" - simply pointing out there seems to be no legal basis to actually carry it out if someone wears anything Nike on it.

And good for them for not buying Nike products - when again, they are not part of Nike's target demographics? It's more just symbolism than anything else.

And if you are trying to compare racially unjust police policies vs. gay cakes - then yeah, go with that.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Nike outsources its manufacturing to third party companies in countries such as; China, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and Malaysia. Nike has 46 factories in the United States employing a total of 5506 workers. That is 7% of its 542 factories but only less tha 1/2 of a percentage of its 1,023,020 workers. I wonder why they manufacture most of their goods offshore? I wonder why most of the manufacturing jobs are not in the USA. Oh right, high labor costs.

Nike Sustainability - Interactive Map
Seriously? You do know that your beloved Apple does the exact same thing right?

Not that I support either Nike or Apple doing it, but it what it is. Unless you want to start paying 2K for your next phone.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
That's what it's about with people like that. They pretend to respect military service but it's all just a posture.
So what you seem to be saying is if people support the NFL protests that means they don't support the service of our military members?

WTH??

Plenty of other vets support the protests, btw. Are they not respecting their own service?

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
So what you seem to be saying is if people support the NFL protests that means they don't support the service of our military members?

WTH??

Plenty of other vets support the protests, btw. Are they not respecting their own service?
There are people in this thread calling Chris Kyle a sociopath and calling his medals "participation trophies". Don't tell me that's respect.