Tell my the logic behind this..

S

spud438

Why is a person charged with a double murder when they are accused of killing a pregnant woman yet the same prosecuter will not charge the mother with murder if she kills the same child (fetus)?

Forget about the religious aspects, etc. I asking the logical-thinking, academia type of people out there.

T

TenGig

Ok this is my only post cause I ain't getting sucked into one of these pro-YOUR ALL WRONG threads

I think the logic is, is that the mother is in charge of the life. So if you kill the mother who wanted the baby to be alive, then it is a double murder. Now what I wonder is, would it be double murder if the mom was killed on her way to the abortion clinic?

S

Sparta

Why is a person charged with a double murder when they are accused of killing a pregnant woman yet the same prosecuter will not charge the mother with murder if she kills the same child (fetus)?

Forget about the religious aspects, etc. I asking the logical-thinking, academia type of people out there.
Because it's a mothers right to choose, as opposed to a crackhead who needs 20 dollars right to choose.

C

chu chu rocket

Because it's a mothers right to choose, as opposed to a crackhead who needs 20 dollars right to choose.
But then you are talking about the violation of taking away the mother's choice, not taking away an extra life.

C

chu chu rocket

Ok this is my only post cause I ain't getting sucked into one of these pro-YOUR ALL WRONG threads

I think the logic is, is that the mother is in charge of the life. So if you kill the mother who wanted the baby to be alive, then it is a double murder. Now what I wonder is, would it be double murder if the mom was killed on her way to the abortion clinic?
How do you prove that she was actually gonna go through with it? She could've changed her mind, right? ;)

T

Think for myself

Despite the obvious flame bait and lack of desire for an open discussion, i am going to answer out of sheer boredom.

Because abortion is a legally sanctioned medical procedure. Murder is not.

4liberty1st

Because if the woman had decided that her child would be carried to term and she wanted the child then the killing of that child deprived that child of it's right to life and the woman of her right to have the child.