Texas judge’s gift of Bible to Amber Guyger draws complaint from atheist group

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Let’s say I don’t ask all the right questions ( since gay weddings have no standard photo shot list) and I miss a shot because there is two “best men” in a wedding. I get sued for a $100K for ruining their wedding because they didn’t tell me. Who wins this case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You win if they failed to have everyone gathered. OTOH, if you were known to be anti gay and hated being there, then a jury may believe you deliberately tubed your customer and you’d lose.

Sent from Rangoon using Morse Code.
-.-- --- ..- / .- .-. . / ... -.-. .-. . .-- . -..

Nov 2016
USA
You are saying religious people exercising their faith harassed Atheist. The first amendment gives religious people the right to free exercise and no law can be made to prevent it. Being an Atheist in a country founded by Christians and run by mostly Christians makes it tough to make laws protecting Atheist.

It’s very telling that you keep harping on the “religious people” having “the right to free exercise,” but not once have I seen you deplore the harassment by some of those people of others who don’t want to hav3 anything to do with their religion.

Nov 2016
USA
Let’s say I don’t ask all the right questions ( since gay weddings have no standard photo shot list) and I miss a shot because there is two “best men” in a wedding. I get sued for a $100K for ruining their wedding because they didn’t tell me. Who wins this case?

Dumb question. The same could happen in a “traditional” wedding (groom makes his two brothers “best men,” perhaps?)

Nov 2008
Washington state
You win if they failed to have everyone gathered. OTOH, if you were known to be anti gay and hated being there, then a jury may believe you deliberately tubed your customer and you’d lose.

Sent from Rangoon using Morse Code.
-.-- --- ..- / .- .-. . / ... -.-. .-. . .-- . -..
I am going to make them sign a “Hold Harmless Agreement”. Meaning a list of agreed shots will be signed by both of us and any shots they feel I missed because they didn’t tell me cannot be used in a lawsuit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nov 2008
Washington state
Dumb question. The same could happen in a “traditional” wedding (groom makes his two brothers “best men,” perhaps?)
I use a standard shot list for a signed agreement in a traditional wedding. Gay weddings are far from standard, so a custom list would have to be made that would be signed by both parties. The word “perhaps” is a good indication that is changeable

Nov 2008
Washington state
It’s very telling that you keep harping on the “religious people” having “the right to free exercise,” but not once have I seen you deplore the harassment by some of those people of others who don’t want to hav3 anything to do with their religion.
The only way you could call “Free Exercise of Religion”. Harassment, is to amend the First Amendment to say , “Free Exercise of religion is not allowed where Atheist are feeling harassed”

Nov 2016
USA
The only way you could call “Free Exercise of Religion”. Harassment, is to amend the First Amendment to say , “Free Exercise of religion is not allowed where Atheist are feeling harassed”

It’s very telling that you diligently refrain from condemning religious zealots who hassle those who don’t want to listen to the message or participate in the rituals. But you whine like a stuck pig about people going to court to Fight continuing efforts by religious zealots to insinuate their religion into public schools and other public places and to fight bigotry in the name of religion.

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
$300 an hour for custom work and a signed “Hold Harmless” agreement for whatever they may try to sue me for for not being able to read their minds

Talk to your clients. They're making an expensive mistake otherwise.

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
The truth will be made by them signing a “Hold Harmless Agreement”. That way they make up some other idea, I’m not held responsible for not being able to figure them out.

You're responsible for providing a service without discrimination. If you can't do that then shut down and do everyone a favour.