Texas judge’s gift of Bible to Amber Guyger draws complaint from atheist group

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
I am going to make them sign a “Hold Harmless Agreement”. Meaning a list of agreed shots will be signed by both of us and any shots they feel I missed because they didn’t tell me cannot be used in a lawsuit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Great. As long as that's your SOP with all of your customers, you will never have a problem.

Apr 2011
My mother's womb, of course.
You are saying religious people exercising their faith harassed Atheist.
They harassed atheists.

and no law can be made to prevent it.
This error in reasoning is a Definist Fallacy. You manipulate meanings of words to say conservative Xians have the 1st Amendment right to use the government to harass atheists with their religion. The U.S. Constitution gives citizens the right to express their religion exclusively in the private, not the public, sector.

Being an Atheist in a country founded by Christians and run by mostly Christians makes it tough to make laws protecting Atheist.
Freemasons influenced America's founding more than Xians. In fact, the U.S. Constitution is very different from the Holy Bible. The 1st Amendment guarantees freedom of and from religion. The Ten Commandments say God forbids atheism and any alternative religion to Xianity.

and run by mostly Christians makes it tough to make laws protecting Atheist.
No, it doesn't. You use the same deceptive Social Referencing tactics where you say you're allied with all American Xians. In reality, you, Rick Santorum and the other theocracy-seeking Xians make up a small percentage of America's Xian population.

And it isn't difficult for atheists to stop people in your brand of Xianity from persecuting atheists. The courts and voters have penalized you people many times. Rick Santorum's office door hit him in the rear end in 2007 (the same goes for your other allies on public school boards and in the U.S. Congress), and it's been illegal for public science courses to teach Xian Creationism for many years now.

Apr 2011
So they believe in nothing
Quote the atheists who say they believe in nothing.

I'm an atheist and I've read way more philosophy books than you have.

and go to churches to not be religious
You're asking me do your reading for you now, which I will not do. Read the links that TNVolunteer posted about the "Church of Atheism." It says clearly what they believe in.

Apr 2011
No this thread is about a judge giving a Bible to a police officer that accidentally killed a man she thought was in her apartment. How you got on this other topic is odd. You on the right thread?
You made the transition:

Is someone forcing you to be religious? No one is forcing me to be an Atheist. government does not endorse a religion, but government does not rule all our lives either. I occasionally have a Mormon group come to my door and i kindly tell them I'm not interested in their religion. They have the freedom to tell others of their religion. What I am hearing you say is you have protection from religion in that sense. Is that true? Could you call the police if Mormons showed up on your porch to give their message?

Apr 2011
Have you ever complained about a religious person harassing you and seen them charged with breaking the law?
No, but if I did, you'd be making a Biased Sampling fallacy. I'm only one individual in the United States and there are many other harassment cases.

But come to think of it, I did have a Jehovah's Witness classmate in 9th grade who was always harassing me with questions like "Why don't you believe in God?" after I told him to stop a good dozen times. He approached me in the hall and started harassing me. Then I slammed his head against the lockers and told the principal on him. The vice-principle reprimanded him and I got off scot-free. To this day I'm still proud of myself for doing that.

Last edited:
Reactions: jacobfitcher
Apr 2011
That’s a protest. Has a religious person ever harassed you to the point where you called law enforcement and had them charged with Atheist discrimination
The courts came down hard on the Xians in Lousiana and Pennsylvania when they required public school students to learn about Xian Creationism. They didn't call law enforcement, they called the courts.