Texas judge’s gift of Bible to Amber Guyger draws complaint from atheist group

Apr 2011
My mother's womb, of course.
It’s very telling that you keep harping on the “religious people” having “the right to free exercise,” but not once have I seen you deplore the harassment by some of those people of others who don’t want to hav3 anything to do with their religion.
Aboutenough defended a pastor who was disrupting medical services at a clinic and another Xian who'd been fired by his boss for harassing two of his lesbian co-workers.

Preaching now a crime in U.S.? Pastor sued for preaching outside Planned Parenthood
Man Fired For Sharing His Faith on Facebook

Nov 2008
Washington state
No, but if I did, you'd be making a Biased Sampling fallacy. I'm only one individual in the United States and there are many other harassment cases.

But come to think of it, I did have a Jehovah's Witness classmate in 9th grade who was always harassing me with questions like "Why don't you believe in God?" after I told him to stop a good dozen times. He approached me in the hall and started harassing me. Then I slammed his head against the lockers and told the principal on him. The vice-principle reprimanded him and I got off scot-free. To this day I'm still proud of myself for doing that.
So your principle approved of you slamming his head against the lockers. Why don’t I believe that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nov 2008
Washington state
The courts came down hard on the Xians in Lousiana and Pennsylvania when they required public school students to learn about Xian Creationism. They didn't call law enforcement, they called the courts.
If harassment is against the law, why didn’t they call the police? The courts are slow and don’t always rule your way

Nov 2008
Washington state
Quote the atheists who say they believe in nothing.

I'm an atheist and I've read way more philosophy books than you have.

You're asking me do your reading for you now, which I will not do. Read the links that TNVolunteer posted about the "Church of Atheism." It says clearly what they believe in.
They believe in disagreeing with Religion. Without religion they would be lost

Nov 2008
Washington state
They harassed atheists.

This error in reasoning is a Definist Fallacy. You manipulate meanings of words to say conservative Xians have the 1st Amendment right to use the government to harass atheists with their religion. The U.S. Constitution gives citizens the right to express their religion exclusively in the private, not the public, sector.

Freemasons influenced America's founding more than Xians. In fact, the U.S. Constitution is very different from the Holy Bible. The 1st Amendment guarantees freedom of and from religion. The Ten Commandments say God forbids atheism and any alternative religion to Xianity.

No, it doesn't. You use the same deceptive Social Referencing tactics where you say you're allied with all American Xians. In reality, you, Rick Santorum and the other theocracy-seeking Xians make up a small percentage of America's Xian population.

And it isn't difficult for atheists to stop people in your brand of Xianity from persecuting atheists. The courts and voters have penalized you people many times. Rick Santorum's office door hit him in the rear end in 2007 (the same goes for your other allies on public school boards and in the U.S. Congress), and it's been illegal for public science courses to teach Xian Creationism for many years now.
So if I want to pray in a government facility I can’t do that because of separation of church and state? when did that happen? I have been praying at the state capital many times and no one ever told me I couldn’t . Guess I’m breaking the law

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Why do Atheist have churches? You claim they are not religious, but they practice what they believe in churches. Odd, don't you think?
We already went through this. Some atheists designate their groups as "churches" because doing so confers government entitlements to which they would otherwise be denied.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
So if I want to pray in a government facility I can’t do that because of separation of church and state? when did that happen? I have been praying at the state capital many times and no one ever told me I couldn’t . Guess I’m breaking the law
Of course you can pray in a government facility. People do it all the time. It's more complicated when it's a matter of organized / group prayer, but if any individual wants to pray in a government facility, there's no problem with it whatsoever.

Nov 2008
Washington state
We already went through this. Some atheists designate their groups as "churches" because doing so confers government entitlements to which they would otherwise be denied.
Looks like they are just getting together to enjoy each other’s company like Churches do. No harm in that. Doesn’t look like they have a motive for entitlements.