Texas REP won't allow movie about WENDY DAVIS be shot in his Senate, "its a disgrace"

Jul 2015
Florida
Movie about a piece of TEXAS history. Real event in it's legislature and the REPUBLICANS won't allow it to be filmed there? Too bad, these movie companies pay taxpayers a pretty decent penny to use various buildings, facilities, venues to shoot movies. Since the high point of this event was overnight, they could shoot the movie OVERNIGHT. Fuck the taxpayers, right? Let the filmmakers go to another state's capitol building and shoot it and give them the money.

As long as the film gets made, I don't care where it's made. The building was disgraced in the past? Does this Republican think no one knows about the TEXAS LEGISLATURE? That's hysterical.

GOP official doesn't want Wendy Davis movie shot in Senate

AP / 10:53 pm ET Thu Feb 08, 2018

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says he doesn't want a planned movie about former state Sen. Wendy Davis' filibuster to be filmed in the Texas Senate.

The Austin American Statesman reports Patrick told a conservative group Thursday, "If I have anything to do with that, I'm not going to let them use the Senate chamber to shoot because they have already disgraced it once."

A production reportedly starring Sandra Bullock will tell the story of Davis taking the Senate floor for nearly 13 hours in 2013 to temporarily derail sweeping abortion restrictions...

Information from: Austin American-Statesman, Statesman.com - Austin News, Video, Longhorns & Weather

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
“Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
You don't know a lot about how movies are made, do you?
Does this guy?

The Austin American Statesman reports Patrick told a conservative group Thursday, "If I have anything to do with that, I'm not going to let them use the Senate chamber to shoot because they have already disgraced it once."

Jul 2015
Florida
You don't know a lot about how movies are made, do you?
I certainly know how they shot MOVIES and commercials in MY old 'company's' venues, buildings, and equipment! Day, night, down time, Sundays. And paid us for it!! And I can promise you they used our facilities a helluva lot more, over 40 years, than the TEXAS LEGE will ever be asked.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Jul 2015
Florida
One persons "Abortion Barbie" is another persons women's rights advocate. Got any more demeaning terms to use on her?
A legal procedure upheld with 40 years of laws, being argued by a woman to continue to uphold those laws. WOW, that's some pretty radical SHIT!

Reactions: 2 people