Thanks to foreign outsourcing of American jobs - economic mobility more likely in China than the US.

Sep 2013
On a hill
Which was what?

How's that? What is it exactly that would make a Bernie tariff on China so much better and more effective than a Trump tariff on China?

It's definitely sounding like you have no real clue what you're saying, you're just trying to make up a reason why a policy is bad if Trump pushes it whereas the same policy would be good if a Democrat pushed it.

The article you posted talked about what it was like to be poor in China less than a lifetime ago. What I said about China is exactly in line with that.
i think there is something very wrong with the way trump pushes things. he acts more like a gangster setting up a protection scheme, than a head of state.

Oct 2018
WonderfulOregon
When the Communist Party of China ( CCP) took over the country in 1949 life expectancy was 41 years, literacy 15 percent, electricity only in a few cities and the top one percent owned almost everything.

By 1979, China's literacy was 85 percent, life expectancy was 57, the population had doubled, electricity was almost everywhere and China was the most equitable/ fair for all citizen on earth.
(This happens because their government made it happened)

China is communist . Where money is used for all the citizens in places that help the citizen., unlike in the us where it is sink or swim capitalism and make sure if you family is rich, you will swim

‘Communism’ aka community or ‘commune’

Their country is just set up differently than us, and under communism the government gets you the job, and you keep learning that skill by doing the job...rarely is some one fired. The commune stick together...you help the person because he is pat of you community. In the US, your employer can fire you becaue his daughter needs a job, he's in a bad mood, or 'at will'...no reason at all..

In China, colleges and universities are operated by the government and they are considered to be of higher quality than privately owned colleges and universities. China's goverment actually does trickle down to the citizens

2010 - Approximately 25 million students in China pay an average of $400 to $2,200 a year in tuition (Includes instruction, room/board, and meals) to attend public and private institutions.
The rates at China's private institutions vary greatly and many times surpass the average of $2,200.

The Chinese Government looks at only the individual citizen - the community. Governments in Capitalism makes sure money passes to people with money. (and you know that is the truth) In Capitalism, the people with high incomes will send all their children to colleges and or universities because they have the money to do. Even if their child is as dumb as a rocks (Trump? You know it's true) stay in a doorm. rent them an apartment...get them a car...get them a credit care to buy food and gas. The US coddles the rich and the rest of us sink or swim.

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Never any talk of the greedy scumbag companies in this. They can just suck every penny out of their workers, get slave labor in foreign countries, so their executives can make more money in a month than many people make in their lives and they can buy a 3rd vacation home. No, never talk of that, lets just keep sucking corporate dick

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Never any talk of the greedy scumbag companies in this. They can just suck every penny out of their workers, get slave labor in foreign countries, so their executives can make more money in a month than many people make in their lives and they can buy a 3rd vacation home. No, never talk of that, lets just keep sucking corporate dick
Thats because they are such huge contributors to our politicians. Just saw GM pays over 6 billion for lobbying, yet they are laying off 14,000.

Nov 2010
Thats because they are such huge contributors to our politicians. Just saw GM pays over 6 billion for lobbying, yet they are laying off 14,000.
I think I'm more talking about the voters and public in general that never make a stink about it. many people actually defend and worship the greedy, corporate scumbags.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I think I'm more talking about the voters and public in general that never make a stink about it. many people actually defend and worship the greedy, corporate scumbags.
Well they dont get a huge choice. They want jobs and have seen at least since the 80s, know that if they make too much noise, the CEO just moves the company elsewhere. Its been this way and I think employees have grown timid too it. Make too much noise and you are gone.

Feb 2011
Boise, ID
i think there is something very wrong with the way trump pushes things. he acts more like a gangster setting up a protection scheme, than a head of state.
I don't disagree, but on this topic in particular, it's not as though people are saying "great idea, bad delivery." They're automatically characterizing the underlying policy idea as all wrong, for no other reason than it's Trump.

The trade issue lacks partisan cohesion. There's division through each party concerning globalism vs. populist protectionism.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I don't disagree, but on this topic in particular, it's not as though people are saying "great idea, bad delivery." They're automatically characterizing the underlying policy idea as all wrong, for no other reason than it's Trump.

The trade issue lacks partisan cohesion. There's division through each party concerning globalism vs. populist protectionism.
Thats what peeves me most. You either are for a certain policy or against it. Forget Trump, he wont be president forever. I keep saying that because its happening too often. American workers, particularly in the rust belt, remember this stuff. Its hard to then campaign in the future because you look like a flip flopper. Sherrod Brown and Debbie Stabenow know this and agree with Trump. Brown even publicly went on record endorsing Trumps tariffs. He also just today said Trump had nothing to do with GMs layoffs, it was corporate greed. He was re-elected easily. Voters there will remember.

Sep 2013
On a hill

Nevada farmers are suffering as a result of trumps "negotiating" style. Perhaps that's significant in turning Nevada blue, and maybe not.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Just heard something from one who knows the car industry well.

GM is closing plants in Canada and the US. No plants closed in Mexico. Maybe we need to look closer than China.