The Afterlife.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Amazing. Considering your OP had zero to do with religion.... you did not hinge your post/opinion on the belief of a god or religion to continue on. You say nothing about BELIEVING in anything other then death is not "the end"

so since this is how you are coming out what about all the rest of it..... are only the "christian" believers going on? what about hell?
First of all, this IS a Philosophy/Religion forum area we are on. Therefore, it is perfectly alright to speak to that. I did not bring up religion in my OP as I would have liked and would have preferred because some would have immediately jumped and accused me of trying to bring religion into Afterlife matters although logically speaking the two do tie in quite well together. But to make it more geared to all about what happens after we pass on the title of "The Afterlife." was chosen. I am however very glad that it has evolved into the religious arena. Others brought that aspect into the thread let's not forget. I am merely following up on that though I am very glad that they did as I relish speaking on it.

As to your second question, I am not sure I totally understand what you mean. If you are asking if only the Christian believers are going on to Heaven and the Afterlife, the Bible makes it clear that there is judgment first and foremost in order to determine that. Therefore, there will be a big stop temporarily for ALL in Heaven, regardless of who they are, for that to happen and then it is up to God to judge where each individual shall go depending on what they did and how they acted and how they deported themselves while on Earth. As to your question about Hell, the Bible also makes it quite clear that those who are not with God now and with Jesus Christ do not need to be with Him later in Heaven when they pass on. Beyond that I cannot say as it is up to God during their judgment.

Nov 2013
NY
First of all, this IS a Philosophy/Religion forum area we are on. Therefore, it is perfectly alright to speak to that. I did not bring up religion in my OP as I would have liked and would have preferred because some would have immediately jumped and accused me of trying to bring religion into Afterlife matters although logically speaking the two do tie in quite well together. But to make it more geared to all about what happens after we pass on the title of "The Afterlife." was chosen. I am however very glad that it has evolved into the religious arena. Others brought that aspect into the thread let's not forget. I am merely following up on that though I am very glad that they did as I relish speaking on it.

As to your second question, I am not sure I totally understand what you mean. If you are asking if only the Christian believers are going on to Heaven and the Afterlife, the Bible makes it clear that there is judgment first and foremost in order to determine that. Therefore, there will be a big stop temporarily for ALL in Heaven, regardless of who they are, for that to happen and then it is up to God to judge where each individual shall go depending on what they did and how they acted and how they deported themselves while on Earth. As to your question about Hell, the Bible also makes it quite clear that those who are not with God now and with Jesus Christ do not need to be with Him later in Heaven when they pass on. Beyond that I cannot say as it is up to God during their judgment.
Classic example of a thread struck down by the hand of god.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Still playing the Devil's Advocate I see. Actually, it comes from many years of study on this subject. But did you check to verify with the experts as I suggested? If not, well there you go.
I'm not playing "Devil's Advocate." That would imply I'm taking a contrary position for the sheer sake of arguing, and that's not the case. I'm not looking for experts, or expert testimony. I'm looking for evidence, or controlled studies that support even one aspect of your far-fetched claims.

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
As a Born Again Christian I cannot condemn you, sister, but rather love you. However, many WILL SEE at their appointed time whether they were right or wrong. That's why I say it is much better to BELIEVE and thus, be right than to be wrong and face what may be most unpleasant.
That's what I don't like about religion...the better safe than sorry scenario. That isn't faith or belief, but rather covering all bases. I feel people who do this don't truly believe, therefore, have no right to shove religion down the throats of everyone.

Jan 2018
Houston, TX
Reading through these threads has been fun. I have run into people like knight, Djinn, Devil, and others like them all my life. They want scientific evidence and really don't have a clue about anything they can't see with their own eyes or feel with their hands. They are similar to simple calculators; not a computer that can extrapolate data and present a hypothesis based on that available data.
Even when they see the truth they will not accept it. Those are the same types of people that put Galileo Galilei under house arrest and declared him a heretic. These are same people that also said heliocentrism was a false theory. These are the same people that tried to ban the theories of Nicholas Copernicus.

I see their one-life existence, nothing before and nothing after, as the real joke and it is on them. They cannot even prove that is the case yet demand that we prove the opposite. There are even some that want us to believe that the "brain" is the center of life. What a joke that is!

How do they explain remote viewing?
How do they explain extra sensory perception?
How do they explain a man that could mentally deflect a laser beam in a vacuum tube, (yes, that has been done and observed by scientists at Stanford Research Institute).
How do they explain the fact that a person was able to fully describe the propulsion system of a top secret submarine several thousands miles away in a secret facility from a quiet room in Virginia under controlled circumstances?
How do they explain persons that were able to foresee future events?
How do they explain the existence and military evidence of visitors not from this earth?
How do they explain cases of demonic possession?
How do they explain OBEs where people can identify events away from their physical body?
How do they explain the multiple cases of a several doctors regressing their patients and those patients recalling events before their current lives?
How do they explain multiple or even parallel universes?
How do they explain twins or triplets separated at birth that still sense their siblings years later?

Yet, they still want us to believe that there is nothing before this life and nothing after this life. I can imagine them after their body dies constantly creating the "state of death" and never realizing that if they are creating that state; that they are not truly dead. For true death is non-existence.

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
I have told this story here before, several times...

I used to live in an old, rundown hotel in Issaquah, more than 100 years old.

And there was a lot of turnover there, folks who move in for a month and can't come up with a second month's rent, etc.

Poor people just struggling to get by, living on the edge, a lot of anxiety and misery there...

So when a new person came in, especially in a specific room I would broach the topic of ghosts... do they believe in them, where do they stand on this?

Many would say no way... there are no such things as ghosts, there is nothing supernatural, it's all bunk and hokum.

I don't say much from there, I mention that some have heard ghosts, in fact above this very room, but maybe there isn't anything to it and all those people were just nuts.

A month goes by and I bring up the topic of ghosts again... this time it is different... "Of course there are ghosts, science can't explain everything, in ancient times electricity would have been "magic"...

Thx :p

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
Reading through these threads has been fun. I have run into people like knight, Djinn, Devil, and others like them all my life. They want scientific evidence and really don't have a clue about anything they can't see with their own eyes or feel with their hands. They are similar to simple calculators; not a computer that can extrapolate data and present a hypothesis based on that available data.
Even when they see the truth they will not accept it. Those are the same types of people that put Galileo Galilei under house arrest and declared him a heretic. These are same people that also said heliocentrism was a false theory. These are the same people that tried to ban the theories of Nicholas Copernicus.

I see their one-life existence, nothing before and nothing after, as the real joke and it is on them. They cannot even prove that is the case yet demand that we prove the opposite. There are even some that want us to believe that the "brain" is the center of life. What a joke that is!

How do they explain remote viewing?
How do they explain extra sensory perception?
How do they explain a man that could mentally deflect a laser beam in a vacuum tube, (yes, that has been done and observed by scientists at Stanford Research Institute).
How do they explain the fact that a person was able to fully describe the propulsion system of a top secret submarine several thousands miles away in a secret facility from a quiet room in Virginia under controlled circumstances?
How do they explain persons that were able to foresee future events?
How do they explain the existence and military evidence of visitors not from this earth?
How do they explain cases of demonic possession?
How do they explain OBEs where people can identify events away from their physical body?
How do they explain the multiple cases of a several doctors regressing their patients and those patients recalling events before their current lives?
How do they explain multiple or even parallel universes?
How do they explain twins or triplets separated at birth that still sense their siblings years later?

Yet, they still want us to believe that there is nothing before this life and nothing after this life. I can imagine them after their body dies constantly creating the "state of death" and never realizing that if they are creating that state; that they are not truly dead. For true death is non-existence.
I noticed you said you had seen people like us smarter and not gullible people "all my life" and not all your past lives...

All that you present as some sort of factual evidence is bullshit. None of the things you listed happened or could ever happen. Just because your cranium contains little to no sense doesn't mean all that crap you mentioned is real. You're simply angry because other people aren't as gullible as you are.

Jan 2018
Houston, TX
I noticed you said you had seen people like us smarter and not gullible people "all my life" and not all your past lives...

All that you present as some sort of factual evidence is bullshit. None of the things you listed happened or could ever happen. Just because your cranium contains little to no sense doesn't mean all that crap you mentioned is real. You're simply angry because other people aren't as gullible as you are.
Not sure what you meant in your first line / paragraph. It doesn't make much sense.

As for your 2nd paragraph; you are wrong. I am not angry. I am amused I was very amused when I wrote the post.

Do you own research for your are the one without the information. Besides, it isn't my role to convince you of anything. I know what I know and it is obvious you do not know and do not want to know. Join the Inquisition and feel smug within you own walls. I suspect you are the one member of every group that is the first to say, "It can't be done."

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
This fellow was from El Monte, I used to work in El Monte.

It is uncanny how so many of these experiences are similar... the sense of being everywhere at once, of 360 degree vision, the tunnel, the light and a sense that one lives many lives, etc.

Also, the changes one experiences after the event, so many say they have changed their views and their lives...

Thx :)

Last edited:
Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
Not sure what you meant in your first line / paragraph. It doesn't make much sense.

As for your 2nd paragraph; you are wrong. I am not angry. I am amused I was very amused when I wrote the post.

Do you own research for your are the one without the information. Besides, it isn't my role to convince you of anything. I know what I know and it is obvious you do not know and do not want to know. Join the Inquisition and feel smug within you own walls. I suspect you are the one member of every group that is the first to say, "It can't be done."
Your 3rd paragraph makes little sense.

I do not say things can't done...just impossible things like you stated.

"Do you own research for your are the one without the information" is a long way from grammatically correct.

Last edited: