The Afterlife.

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
Reading through these threads has been fun. I have run into people like knight, Djinn, Devil, and others like them all my life. They want scientific evidence and really don't have a clue about anything they can't see with their own eyes or feel with their hands. They are similar to simple calculators; not a computer that can extrapolate data and present a hypothesis based on that available data.
Even when they see the truth they will not accept it. Those are the same types of people that put Galileo Galilei under house arrest and declared him a heretic. These are same people that also said heliocentrism was a false theory. These are the same people that tried to ban the theories of Nicholas Copernicus.

I see their one-life existence, nothing before and nothing after, as the real joke and it is on them. They cannot even prove that is the case yet demand that we prove the opposite. There are even some that want us to believe that the "brain" is the center of life. What a joke that is!

How do they explain remote viewing?
How do they explain extra sensory perception?
How do they explain a man that could mentally deflect a laser beam in a vacuum tube, (yes, that has been done and observed by scientists at Stanford Research Institute).
How do they explain the fact that a person was able to fully describe the propulsion system of a top secret submarine several thousands miles away in a secret facility from a quiet room in Virginia under controlled circumstances?
How do they explain persons that were able to foresee future events?
How do they explain the existence and military evidence of visitors not from this earth?
How do they explain cases of demonic possession?
How do they explain OBEs where people can identify events away from their physical body?
How do they explain the multiple cases of a several doctors regressing their patients and those patients recalling events before their current lives?
How do they explain multiple or even parallel universes?
How do they explain twins or triplets separated at birth that still sense their siblings years later?

Yet, they still want us to believe that there is nothing before this life and nothing after this life. I can imagine them after their body dies constantly creating the "state of death" and never realizing that if they are creating that state; that they are not truly dead. For true death is non-existence.
I don't have to prove anything, as you are the one making the claims. It is indeed up to you to prove what you say.

Dec 2014
Brisbane, Qld. Australia
Reading through these threads has been fun. I have run into people like knight, Djinn, Devil, and others like them all my life. They want scientific evidence and really don't have a clue about anything they can't see with their own eyes or feel with their hands.
'Don't have a clue'? Why the silly put down? They simply know there is no evidence to support the belief system.

They are similar to simple calculators; not a computer that can extrapolate data and present a hypothesis based on that available data.
And using a God to fill in the gaps is lazy. They can extrapolate, but they don't jump to conclusions without evidence. That's a methodology to admire in my view.

Even when they see the truth they will not accept it. Those are the same types of people that put Galileo Galilei under house arrest and declared him a heretic.
These are same people that also said heliocentrism was a false theory. These are the same people that tried to ban the theories of Nicholas Copernicus.

I see their one-life existence, nothing before and nothing after, as the real joke and it is on them. They cannot even prove that is the case yet demand that we prove the opposite. There are even some that want us to believe that the "brain" is the center of life. What a joke that is!
Oh, give it a rest! These ad hom attacks are puerile. YOU believe something without direct evidence, and they don't, and there is no need to attack them for it. This just exposes your position as fallacious.

How do they explain remote viewing?
So, if we don't know, therefore God? Where's the proof?

How do they explain extra sensory perception?

How do they explain a man that could mentally deflect a laser beam in a vacuum tube, (yes, that has been done and observed by scientists at Stanford Research Institute).

How do they explain the fact that a person was able to fully describe the propulsion system of a top secret submarine several thousands miles away in a secret facility from a quiet room in Virginia under controlled circumstances?
How do they explain persons that were able to foresee future events?
How do they explain the existence and military evidence of visitors not from this earth?
How do they explain cases of demonic possession?
How do they explain OBEs where people can identify events away from their physical body?
How do they explain the multiple cases of a several doctors regressing their patients and those patients recalling events before their current lives?
How do they explain multiple or even parallel universes?
How do they explain twins or triplets separated at birth that still sense their siblings years later?
Even if only some of these assertions are true, where's the proof it was God? It is an assumption and you are using the God of the gaps argument. In addition, why hasn't anyone taken one of these examples to claim the Randi prize? Is it because they're BS?

Yet, they still want us to believe that there is nothing before this life and nothing after this life. I can imagine them after their body dies constantly creating the "state of death" and never realizing that if they are creating that state; that they are not truly dead. For true death is non-existence.
There is no evidence for a God and an afterlife. There are phenomena that many believe to be evidence, and these anomalies are employed as evidence, but stating the agent is a God is merely an assumption.

Last edited:
Dec 2014
Brisbane, Qld. Australia
That's what I don't like about religion...the better safe than sorry scenario. That isn't faith or belief, but rather covering all bases. I feel people who do this don't truly believe, therefore, have no right to shove religion down the throats of everyone.

The position is known as 'Pascal's Wager', but then we have the problem of 'which god is real'?

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
That's what I don't like about religion...the better safe than sorry scenario. That isn't faith or belief, but rather covering all bases. I feel people who do this don't truly believe, therefore, have no right to shove religion down the throats of everyone.
This is not a feature of all religions, or even most of them. There is just one in particular from which this springs, in the form of Pascal's Wager.

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
A philosophical point here I always found interesting:

What scares us about death?

It's the idea of non-existence, isn't it?

We are here, we believe we exist, and for all we really know when we die that is it, finito!

This worries us: "Where will I be 500 years from now?!"

But...

No one ever gets worried about where they were 500 years ago... huh?

Why not?

For all we know we didn't exist then... we sprung up from non-existence, and THAT has already happened!

Thx :upsidedown:

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
The fact of the matter is that as an atheist of course you don't like religion. Period. You will come out against it every chance you can just as we Christians will hold up God through Jesus Christ as well.

As for "...the better safe than sorry scenario." it's quite obvious that you much prefer to take unnecessary risks and chances which is entirely your choice. I would rather err on the side of caution by assuring myself that inasmuch as I believe in God and have given my life to Jesus Christ and have thus become saved and Born Again, I don't have to worry later on knowing that there is an Afterlife in Heaven where I will be. Others don't know if they will go there. Perhaps they don't care. Again, their choice. Some people are just gluttons for pain, though once in spirit they have to bear in mind that it is for eternity. So, you're right. I would much rather cover all my bases and know that at the time God calls me home I will be home with Him in Heaven's Afterlife.

And no one is shoving religion down the throats of everyone. Atheists love to shove their stuff down everyone's throat about there not being a God, etc. We, who know that indeed there is, have the same right to expound on what we know deep within to be the truth about God's existence.

I was recently asked what was meant by being "Born Again". It means being SAVED. They then asked HOW is that accomplished. The Holy Bible informs us that we must confess our sins to Jesus and accept Jesus Christ as our LORD and Savior in order for that to happen. After that's done we believe one is born into a new life in Jesus Christ according to the Bible. But words with firm commitment spoken Out Loud is what is needed. They wanted to know what those words were so here they are for anyone else who is interested in Salvation in order to attain Heaven in the Afterlife.

"Heavenly Father, I come to thee with contrite heart as I am a sinner who confesses and acknowledges my sins. I ask for your forgiveness and also come forth to declare that I Believe and Accept that Jesus Christ is my LORD and Savior who became incarnate and that He is the most beloved and only Son of God. I believe that He was crucified, died, and was buried for my salvation and then resurrected and arose on the third day through God and sits in eternal glory with you, Almighty Father. I thank you and praise you for coming into my life, my LORD and Savior Jesus Christ, and I will follow you all the days of my life. Amen."

So you see, all it takes is expressing that verbal commitment to avoid taking unnecessary chances. Indeed for the multitudes who have become Saved it is better to be SAFE than Sorry! They are smart in their way of thinking as they obviously would rather err on the side of caution than find out later on that they COULD have done that while on Earth but didn't and now there are no other chances during their judgment. I feel that since you have opened that door all of this has to be brought out in order to put things into their proper perspective for a better understanding.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
As for "...the better safe than sorry scenario." it's quite obvious that you much prefer to take unnecessary risks and chances which is entirely your choice.
This makes absolutely no sense. If one adheres to an idea on this basis, one does not truly believe it, but merely professes to do so. It would be dishonest to do so, and I suspect G-d would be aware of such insincerity, assuming "belief in G-d" was a criterion for anything to begin with.
And no one is shoving religion down the throats of everyone.
That is absolutely untrue.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
This makes absolutely no sense. If one adheres to an idea on this basis, one does not truly believe it, but merely professes to do so. It would be dishonest to do so, and I suspect G-d would be aware of such insincerity, assuming "belief in G-d" was a criterion for anything to begin with.

That is absolutely untrue.
It does make sense from the standpoint that there are those who do not believe in God thus, it is to those people who should consider being saved even though they may not believe in it at the moment rather than face the consequences later on. They could sure appreciate being told about this as they may not know what not being saved entails later on in the Afterlife. That is not forcing them to do it but rather showing them that there is a way to assure salvation for themselves as many atheists have done after hearing about God.

Feb 2015
sadness
It does make sense from the standpoint that there are those who do not believe in God thus, it is to those people who should consider being saved even though they may not believe in it at the moment rather than face the consequences later on. They could sure appreciate being told about this as they may not know what not being saved entails later on in the Afterlife. That is not forcing them to do it but rather showing them that there is a way to assure salvation for themselves as many atheists have done after hearing about God.
and... what about those that believe in a god that is not your christian god? They too all believe, all know they are will have an after life. All religions and cults say the same thing.... we are the only one, we are the only way.