The Afterlife.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
and... what about those that believe in a god that is not your christian god? They too all believe, all know they are will have an after life. All religions and cults say the same thing.... we are the only one, we are the only way.
Yes, of course there are other religions that believe differently. No one disputes that. However, as a Christian of course I must espouse the Christian principles that say that there is only one way towards salvation and that is through God's only Son Jesus Christ. People have a mind with which to think about that. They can accept that and say the Prayer of Salvation and become a Christian and saved or born again. But even God does not force them to do that since He gave them their free will. But many do not have objections to becoming saved through Jesus and as I said many former atheists have become Born Again Christians after learning about Jesus and salvation so they do not have to worry or have an inner conflict any longer about what is to happen to them after they pass on.

Feb 2015
sadness
Yes, of course there are other religions that believe differently. No one disputes that. However, as a Christian of course I must espouse the Christian principles that say that there is only one way towards salvation and that is through God's only Son Jesus Christ. People have a mind with which to think about that. They can accept that and say the Prayer of Salvation and become a Christian and saved or born again. But even God does not force them to do that since He gave them their free will. But many do not have objections to becoming saved through Jesus and as I said many former atheists have become Born Again Christians after learning about Jesus and salvation so they do not have to worry or have an inner conflict any longer about what is to happen to them after they pass on.

lol

and every other cult says the very same thing you are. You cant prove anything, they cant prove anything.... all you have is what you think is right or the only way.

since this is a discussion..... what happens if the christian beliefs of yours are wrong?

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
lol

and every other cult says the very same thing you are. You cant prove anything, they cant prove anything.... all you have is what you think is right or the only way.

since this is a discussion..... what happens if the christian beliefs of yours are wrong?
This is not a laughing matter. As I have said before we are speaking of spiritual matters and spirit thus, those things cannot be proven through scientific means no matter how hard one may try. That is where faith and belief by a person come into play.

You ask what happens if our Christian beliefs are wrong. But I would like to ask you what will happen to non-believers if we are right as I know we are?

Feb 2015
sadness
This is not a laughing matter. As I have said before we are speaking of spiritual matters and spirit thus, those things cannot be proven through scientific means no matter how hard one may try. That is where faith and belief by a person come into play.

You ask what happens if our Christian beliefs are wrong. But I would like to ask you what will happen to non-believers if we are right as I know we are?

yes it is a laughing matter.

Spiritual matters and the spirit are not just a christian thing. They are a metaphysical thing encompassing everyone.

I will answer you once you answer me. How about that. I do find it amusing that you have dodged the question twice now.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
yes it is a laughing matter.

Spiritual matters and the spirit are not just a christian thing. They are a metaphysical thing encompassing everyone.

I will answer you once you answer me. How about that. I do find it amusing that you have dodged the question twice now.
You obviously are not a religious person and I'm sorry that to you it is a laughing matter. It isn't to me.

As to your second statement I have addressed that. As to the metaphysical context of the conversation of course the underlying nature of things has been taken into consideration when we speak of God and Jesus Christ since they are the main reason for our religion and beliefs.

I have answered what you have asked so I don't know what you are making reference to about dodging the question.

Mar 2018
Florida
This fellow was from El Monte, I used to work in El Monte.

It is uncanny how so many of these experiences are similar... the sense of being everywhere at once, of 360 degree vision, the tunnel, the light and a sense that one lives many lives, etc.

Also, the changes one experiences after the event, so many say they have changed their views and their lives...

Thx :)
I find this topic so fascinating. I can offer no proof. I believe in this completely

Sep 2012
California
First of all, I need to inform you that I am a Born Again Christian, thus, one who is Saved. As for the word "Afterlife", actually, the Afterlife IS Biblical. It very much represents Christianity. However, heretics often try to deny the fact that joining Jesus and accepting Him as your LORD and Savior will help you get to Heaven, the Afterlife or the Hereafter as some call it.

It is not New Age based. It is based on the experiences of those who have crossed over after being declared "Clinically Dead" by their doctors and then have returned to tell their story of what they saw and heard while in that realm. But not only there but also what transpired right in the hospital, doctor's office, operating room, etc. and they can relay information in great detail. That is something that no scientist or those seeking "scientific proof" have been able to determine just how they could see and hear things not only in the same room but in other parts of the building as well while being clinically dead. That has however been well documented by doctors, nurses and others. If that isn't enough Proof of having left your physical body for a period of time and traveled in spirit to other places while lying on an operating table, for example, then I don't know what is. However, there will always be those who simply do not want to accept something as being real unless they can see it. That's their problem.

Another very important thing to note is that organized religion has kept things like people's experiences with NDEs and the Afterlife from being told throughout time. That suppression has helped no one and it was just a matter of time before people realized that they had to tell their story worldwide regardless.

As for what you call "heresy", heresy to genuine Christians lies in Not Believing in the Afterlife since Jesus has promised us we would go there after following Him and accepting Him in this life.

I know some may feel uncomfortable hearing Biblical Scripture where Jesus speaks about how to attain Salvation by being Born Again thus, how to obtain the Afterlife but there will be those who completely understand it as they are genuine Christians not make believe ones.

"Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." -- JOHN 14:6 (KJV)
Note that the Father is in Heaven or in the Afterlife. He is PURE SPIRIT. The LORD'S Prayer begins "Our Father which art in Heaven..."

Those who believe in Jesus Christ will be able to enter into Heaven, the Afterlife.
"Verily, verily I say unto you, He that believeth on Me hath everlasting life." -- JOHN 6:47-48 (KJV)

For those who may want to know if they can find Salvation through any other means but Jesus, the answer is no.
"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under Heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." -- ACTS OF THE APOSTLES 4:12 (KJV)

Note that the words "Born Again" mean being Saved through Jesus Christ.
"Jesus answered and said to him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." -- JOHN 3:3 (KJV)

For those who may not believe that there is an Afterlife thus, in Heaven, this next Scripture addresses that to assure us that there is.
"For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, the house not made with hands, eternal in the Heavens." -- 2 CORINTHIANS 5:1

There are of course more Scriptures that speak of Heaven and our Eternal Spiritual Life after this one. The term "Afterlife" is used often by some to mean Heaven and the Hereafter but since not everyone is Christian they may understand things better by having it simply called the Afterlife.
Born agains are always the last to know the truth.

Sep 2012
California
To you and others with an incredulous disbelief about Jesus Christ all I can say is that when you pass on you will sure be able to see your proof. Since Jesus is spirit and the Son of God He cannot be seen by human eyes while one is incarnate thus, one must wait.
Well, if he sees me when I am dead and he says to me "Claudius, you never believed in me and now you are dead yet here I am. Now what do you say?" "Well I guess I was wrong. " But since none of us has ever been in this spot and not a single soul has ever come back and told us that this is what awaits us, I will continue to assume its all just so much excrement.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
... How do they explain remote viewing?
How do they explain extra sensory perception?
How do they explain a man that could mentally deflect a laser beam in a vacuum tube, (yes, that has been done and observed by scientists at Stanford Research Institute).
How do they explain the fact that a person was able to fully describe the propulsion system of a top secret submarine several thousands miles away in a secret facility from a quiet room in Virginia under controlled circumstances?
How do they explain persons that were able to foresee future events?
How do they explain the existence and military evidence of visitors not from this earth?
How do they explain cases of demonic possession?
How do they explain OBEs where people can identify events away from their physical body?
How do they explain the multiple cases of a several doctors regressing their patients and those patients recalling events before their current lives?
How do they explain multiple or even parallel universes?
How do they explain twins or triplets separated at birth that still sense their siblings years later?

Yet, they still want us to believe that there is nothing before this life and nothing after this life. I can imagine them after their body dies constantly creating the "state of death" and never realizing that if they are creating that state; that they are not truly dead. For true death is non-existence.
By finding logical, rational answers for any/all of these. By the way, googling Stanford Research Institute deflect laser vacuum yields no hits.