The Afterlife.

Dec 2006
Mmm, muffins
In my experience the more times a person says the word God, the less likely they are to adhere to their own claimed religion. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule, but I don't remember any.

Feb 2015
sadness
No one is forcing you to believe. Not even God, fyi. However, I cannot see objecting to doing that as one should feel that by embracing God and Jesus they now have the higher power of God to look to in times of trouble, illness, serious accidents, etc. as so many do around the world which is comprised of Multi-Billions of Christians. That is why they embrace religion and believe in God rather than just in themselves.

It is unfortunately true that there are people who do not embrace the Bible. God gave each person a mind of their own to make that determination for themselves. I cannot force you to believe or change your way of thinking. I can only tell you of what I feel and know has brought me so much joy, happiness and enlightenment to my life and has also given me the ultimate security in knowing that when I pass-on I will go to Heaven in the Afterlife for eternity after accepting Jesus Christ as my LORD and Savior.
That is the ultimate belief of a non-believer, Syrenn. However, we Christians have our wonderful faith and belief in God and His Divine Son Jesus Christ which is stronger than anything else. I know I am not wrong. If I were my heart and very soul would reveal that to me. It hasn't and won't after this long time of being a Christian. God loves everyone including Gays because they are His children that He created also. As far as sin goes, there is no sin that God will not forgive when a person asks Him for forgiveness with contrite heart except one. The one sin that is unforgivable is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

In sum, we Christians do not spend our time concentrating on any "what ifs" with regard to other religions and circumstances. We have our own and we embrace it and love it. Our Holy Bible gives us all of the assurance that we need in order to save ourselves.
so to the questions first

What if you are wrong? you have no answer

You die and there is no christian god, no pearly gates, what then? You have no answer

What if it turns out that no god or religion was necessary for what comes next. You have no answer

What if it turns out that some other god or religion was THE one and not yours? You have no answer

What if everything you christians go on about .. ie gays, marriage and abortion....are all wrong? You give a semi answer. So if gays and all off that is alright with god... why do christians keep going on about it?

edit and adding

what if the only way is to be jewish? what if the only ways is to be muslim? do you plan on converting to save yourself? You give the head in the sand answer.... ie, i beleive and on other way will work
Penn and Teller are kind of assholes.

A lot of atheists are. A lot of religious people too, for that matter.

Ugh. People are just assholes no matter what they may choose to believe to convince themselves otherwise lol. I'm no exception.
asshole.......

:)

Feb 2015
sadness
Penn and Teller are kind of assholes.

A lot of atheists are. A lot of religious people too, for that matter.

Ugh. People are just assholes no matter what they may choose to believe to convince themselves otherwise lol. I'm no exception.

in terms of this thread..... again, you cant change anyone. People believe what they believe in and nothing in the world can change that.

and yep.... i am no exception either.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Fair enough, I just remember there being a lot of buzz about harassment allegations against Penn, and I always thought he talked like kind of an asshole. And on general principle I distrust libertarians xD
I hear ya on the libertarian side bit, and he’s extraordinary brash. But I was unable to find anything online suggesting that anyone ever accused him of harassment.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
so to the questions first

What if you are wrong? you have no answer

You die and there is no christian god, no pearly gates, what then? You have no answer

What if it turns out that no god or religion was necessary for what comes next. You have no answer

What if it turns out that some other god or religion was THE one and not yours? You have no answer

What if everything you christians go on about .. ie gays, marriage and abortion....are all wrong? You give a semi answer. So if gays and all off that is alright with god... why do christians keep going on about it?

edit and adding

what if the only way is to be jewish? what if the only ways is to be muslim? do you plan on converting to save yourself? You give the head in the sand answer.... ie, i beleive and on other way will work

asshole.......

:)
I did give you all of the answers. You just simply don't want to accept them. Not my problem if you don't, however.

As for the Gay matter, people are wrong to discriminate against them plain and simple. Their vile comments and physical attacks have caused the maiming and even the death of many innocent Gay people and Lesbians to include impressionable children who have gone on to commit suicide due to being harassed and bullied continuously. Jesus said to Love Your Fellow Man, which of course includes women, Unconditionally. Only they don't. They much prefer to discriminate, hate and work with great prejudice against those they simply do not like. That is what is not acceptable to God. As for abortion, I have said time and again that I am not for that. I believe it is always preventable. In the case of rape there are ways to handle that particular situation too. It is quite bad to just have sexual pleasure and then to conceive a child without using protection if the child is unwanted and then simply destroy it just because they can. That's very sad and it doesn't just happen to Liberals either, many Conservatives are caught up in that too. But all of that may change with the new makeup of the Conservative Supreme Court slated to overturn Roe v. Wade.

As to my religion, of course I believe it works because it does, unequivocally! It offers salvation and that is first and foremost for me and should be for anyone else who cares about what will happen to their soul after they pass-on from this life to the next.

So, I cannot change my answers just to please you or anyone else. That's how it stands and I stand by that. If you want me to say something that I do not feel or know to be my truth I cannot and will not. End of story.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Your irrational hatred is that which is laughable. You have no case other than irrational rants borne simply of the fact that JREF has debunked some of your pet CT's. And in the face of a lack of evidence on your part (yet again), I can't take your irrational rants seriously.
Lmao...
A) no hatred
B) they debunked nothing.
C) projection is how people avoid self-reflection.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Fair enough, I just remember there being a lot of buzz about harassment allegations against Penn, and I always thought he talked like kind of an asshole. And on general principle I distrust libertarians xD
Penn is something of an asshole.

Entertaining, yes, but they were fully behind Randi, and defended him as unimpeachable...

I had to stop listening to them because, while they might have given up on Magic, they now focus on Jedi mind tricks so that simple minds think fallacy is reason.

Feb 2015
sadness
I did give you all of the answers. You just simply don't want to accept them. Not my problem if you don't, however.

As for the Gay matter, people are wrong to discriminate against them plain and simple. Their vile comments and physical attacks have caused the maiming and even the death of many innocent Gay people and Lesbians to include impressionable children who have gone on to commit suicide due to being harassed and bullied continuously. Jesus said to Love Your Fellow Man, which of course includes women, Unconditionally. Only they don't. They much prefer to discriminate, hate and work with great prejudice against those they simply do not like. That is what is not acceptable to God. As for abortion, I have said time and again that I am not for that. I believe it is always preventable. In the case of rape there are ways to handle that particular situation too. It is quite bad to just have sexual pleasure and then to conceive a child without using protection if the child is unwanted and then simply destroy it just because they can. That's very sad and it doesn't just happen to Liberals either, many Conservatives are caught up in that too. But all of that may change with the new makeup of the Conservative Supreme Court slated to overturn Roe v. Wade.

As to my religion, of course I believe it works because it does, unequivocally! It offers salvation and that is first and foremost for me and should be for anyone else who cares about what will happen to their soul after they pass-on from this life to the next.

So, I cannot change my answers just to please you or anyone else. That's how it stands and I stand by that. If you want me to say something that I do not feel or know to be my truth I cannot and will not. End of story.
i am not asking you to change your opinion.... just to answer direct questions with direct answers. With YOUR truth.

for example.... what if you are wrong? That is where you say.... well, if i am wrong wont that be a kick in the ass. Maybe im screwed, who knows.

so lets try one simple direct question.

all religions offer salvation. Are they wrong?

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
i am not asking you to change your opinion.... just to answer direct questions with direct answers. With YOUR truth.

for example.... what if you are wrong? That is where you say.... well, if i am wrong wont that be a kick in the ass. Maybe im screwed, who knows.

so lets try one simple direct question.

all religions offer salvation. Are they wrong?
I can't accept the idea of "believe in this or go to hell" concepts of religion would be untenable. There are billion who would never have been told about the punishment to consider one way or the other.

Then there's the distinction between the texts and the church.