The Afterlife.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
i am not asking you to change your opinion.... just to answer direct questions with direct answers. With YOUR truth.

for example.... what if you are wrong? That is where you say.... well, if i am wrong wont that be a kick in the ass. Maybe im screwed, who knows.

so lets try one simple direct question.

all religions offer salvation. Are they wrong?
Syrenn, I have answered you multiple times and cannot continue this tit-for-tat conversation. I am not wrong in what I say. I have great inner faith and belief in God because I have seen His miracles and feel Him deep down to my soul. God sent His only begotten Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for the redemption of our sins. He was crucified, died and was buried but resurrected on the third day and ascended into Heaven sitting at the right hand of the Father. No other religion can ever make that claim. God, Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit are ONE. We Christians firmly believe in that so no use trying to bring confusion into that. That is all part of being saved and born again confessing one's sins to Jesus and accepting Him as our LORD and Savior which I firmly believe in. Most people know the story but it bears repeating sometimes to be sure people remember.

I have other threads to look into but if you are interested in salvation for yourself thus, being born again you now know where to find the prayer for it. Again, I do not spend my time wondering if I am wrong in my thinking. When one does that one would be very weak in their faith and I am most certainly not. I have very Strong Faith that is why I would not spend one ounce of time with your questions any longer designed to attempt to get me to start pondering and lose my faith in God and Jesus Christ. I would never ever do that! Please respect that. Also, I am not concerned with what other religions believe in, other than mine. Period. End of story.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
We are proud to call upon G-d and speak of Him in reverence as we do.
As to Jews, notwithstanding your attempt to insult us by claiming we do not use His name out of shame. In that respect, you are quite full of --it.
And the very fact that in our Holy Bible He is mentioned innumerable times as "G-d" without the hyphen in between the G and the D obviously means that there is no problem or reason that we can't also use it that way.
It does not "obviously" mean any such thing. The Tanakh (a collection of Jewish works, by the way), for one thing, does not use the name "G-d" at all; that is an English translation. However, the (original) names in Hebrew we alter in mundane settings so as to avoid violating one the mitzvah against using His name in vain, i.e., to no purpose. (I.e., to no valid or appropriate purpose.) This often happens in politics, for example, as I am sure you will have observed.

Feb 2015
sadness
Syrenn, I have answered you multiple times and cannot continue this tit-for-tat conversation. I am not wrong in what I say. I have great inner faith and belief in God because I have seen His miracles and feel Him deep down to my soul. God sent His only begotten Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for the redemption of our sins. He was crucified, died and was buried but resurrected on the third day and ascended into Heaven sitting at the right hand of the Father. No other religion can ever make that claim. God, Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit are ONE. We Christians firmly believe in that so no use trying to bring confusion into that. That is all part of being saved and born again confessing one's sins to Jesus and accepting Him as our LORD and Savior which I firmly believe in. Most people know the story but it bears repeating sometimes to be sure people remember.

I have other threads to look into but if you are interested in salvation for yourself thus, being born again you now know where to find the prayer for it. Again, I do not spend my time wondering if I am wrong in my thinking. When one does that one would be very weak in their faith and I am most certainly not. I have very Strong Faith that is why I would not spend one ounce of time with your questions any longer designed to attempt to get me to start pondering and lose my faith in God and Jesus Christ. I would never ever do that! Please respect that. Also, I am not concerned with what other religions believe in, other than mine. Period. End of story.

and again... you side step a direct question of which you admit to avoiding out of fear. LOL. And here i thought you started this thread to discuss what comes after death. What you really want is to discuss what you think comes after death without room for a discussion. Thats sad because this could have been a good fun discussion.

"gods" only "son" was jewish. He was not only jewish but a rabbi. He preached judaism. The cult that grew up around a man called themselves christian.

i am not intrested in a christian salvation..... why??? That would be because i too have a great inner faith that i feel into the depths of my soul.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
"g-ds" only "son" was jewish. He was not only jewish but a rabbi. He preached judaism.
It is highly questionable whether Jesus was a rabbi. Undoubtedly he did not preach Judaism because he advocated abolishing the Torah.

Feb 2015
sadness
It is highly questionable whether Jesus was a rabbi. Undoubtedly he did not preach Judaism because he advocated abolishing the Torah.
i may be wrong... but that is my take on him.

either way.... the cult that sprug up around a man called themselves christians.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
I've read the theory that the lost segment of his life was spent to and from Asia, where he would have become Buddhist...

I don't know.

Feb 2015
sadness

And something else DW

If your faith is so fragile as to not being able to talk about your faith, discuss what you feel so soulfully deeply.....i would suggest your faith is not as strong as you may think. If pondering a simple question would make you lose your very strong faith in god and jesus, you may want to rethink your end of story.

This is one my objections to religions..... they do not allow for anything else, not even a philosophical discussion of the metaphysical. That is sad DW, very very sad.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
Sorry for derailing the thread. Even though it was a train wreck when I found it. I made it worse.

The afterlife.

Since you asked. I believe that a creator created the universe and the matter contained within it. I believe that all consciousness is God and that that consciousness is seen in the mechanics of the universe.

Humans populate and cultivate the earth in the same way that worms break down decaying plants to refuel soil, and the same way cells nurture and replenish our skin and organs and toenails. The same way gravity spins rocks and causes tides and seasons. All of it is the physical manifestation of God.

Upon my death the atoms that comprise me will break down and each will disseminate and form countless other forms of matter. Pieces of me will become snails, carrots, oxygen, copper, pumpkins, or a minute fraction of an eyebrow hair of a guy in Mongolia.

No two of the atoms that created me and housed my awareness may ever combine together again, but they will all exist in the universe, for as long as the universe exists.

I also believe, very strongly, that if I needed to explain this concept of atoms to a Bronze Age shepherd who had no word for them. The best possible way to explain it would be:

“Ashes to ashes, dust to dust”.

And if I had to summarize it for an illiterate. I would end up with “Do unto others, as you would have them do to you”.

Denomination is United Church of Canada. I believe US or UK equivalents would be called Methodist or Presbyterian.

All of positive intention are welcome. Gay, straight, fat, thin, able bodied or carried in in a basket. If you come in smiling and genuine, you’re in the club.

If you can crawl your sinful ass to the suburbs of Vancouver, I’ll even bring you im on Sunday myself.

Last edited: