The Afterlife.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
This is one my objections to religions..... they do not allow for anything else, not even a philosophical discussion of the metaphysical.
It is not the religion that does not allow it, necessarily, but some of the people who adhere to (some of the) religions.

Jun 2014
United States
It is highly questionable whether Jesus was a rabbi. Undoubtedly he did not preach Judaism because he advocated abolishing the Torah.

Frankly Ian, you don't understand Christianity any better than most Christians here on PH understand Judaism, and you're just as guilty of spouting rude and unfounded insults toward Christianity as the so-called Christians here are of spouting rude and unfounded insults toward Judaism.

Jun 2014
United States
As for the Gay matter, people are wrong to discriminate against them plain and simple. Their vile comments and physical attacks have caused the maiming and even the death of many innocent Gay people and Lesbians to include impressionable children who have gone on to commit suicide due to being harassed and bullied continuously. Jesus said to Love Your Fellow Man, which of course includes women, Unconditionally. Only they don't. They much prefer to discriminate, hate and work with great prejudice against those they simply do not like. That is what is not acceptable to God.

You appear to be in complete denial of the blatant fact that the vast majority of people who denigrate homosexuality are Christians.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Frankly Ian, you don't understand Christianity any better than most Christians here on PH understand Judaism.
I understand that Jesus argued to Jews that Jews no longer need to follow Torah law. It is not an insult, much less a rude or unfounded one, to say so. It is also not an insult to say that, since following Torah law is the foundation of Judaism, Jesus could not possibly have been "preaching Judaism" when he told Jews that Torah law need not be followed. I do not need to understand a whole religion to know that not following the Torah is per se not Judaism.

Jun 2014
United States
I understand that Jesus argued to Jews that Jews no longer need to follow Torah law. It is not an insult, much less a rude or unfounded one, to say so. It is also not an insult to say that, since following Torah law is the foundation of Judaism, Jesus could not possibly have been "preaching Judaism" when he told Jews that Torah law need not be followed. I do not need to understand a whole religion to know that not following the Torah is per se not Judaism.

Jesus was a Jew. You're only problem with Jesus is that he was not an Orthodox Jew like yourself. Of course, most Jews aren't, and none were in the time in which Jesus lived.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Yes, he was. That is not, however, related to what I said, which is that it is not "preaching Judaism" to argue that Torah law need not be followed.
You're only problem with Jesus is that he was not an Orthodox Jew like yourself.
I have more problems with the religion started in the name of Jesus than just that.
Of course, most Jews aren't [Orthodox], and none were in the time in which Jesus lived.
Sure, they were. They were not called "Orthodox" back then (that term came much later, and was introduced by non-Orthodox Jews), and certain other things related to Orthodox Judaism came later, but the core of what is today called "Orthodox" existed 2,000 years ago nonetheless, which was (and is) the following of Torah law.

Jan 2018
Houston, TX
You appear to be in complete denial of the blatant fact that the vast majority of people who denigrate homosexuality are Christians.
So is just denigrating homosexuality better than throwing gays off of rooftops or caning women in the public square?
I haven't heard of that happening in Christian communities in a long time. lol
Sounds like you have been drinking the "Christians are the enemy" Kool-Aid.

Jun 2014
United States
So is just denigrating homosexuality better than throwing gays off of rooftops or caning women in the public square?
I haven't heard of that happening in Christian communities in a long time. lol
Sounds like you have been drinking the "Christians are the enemy" Kool-Aid.

I'm not even a homosexual, so Christian attitudes toward homosexuality are irrelevant to me personally.

Talk to the homosexual Christian to whom I was responding if you want to discuss whether Christianity properly embraces homosexuality.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
I realize only too well that the vast majority of them are right-wing "Christians." But that does not make it any better for those innocent people who are being impacted by the brutality being displayed against them.