The Bears will make the playoffs

Sparta

Former Staff
Aug 2006
Connecticut
Happy free agent day losers!

Chicago signs free agent ILB Danny Trevethan formerly of Denver, and OT Bobby Massie formerly of Arizona. Big moves for day one.

A safety please!

In other news Matt Forte to the NY Jets.

Sparta

Former Staff
Aug 2006
Connecticut
They've got a lot of work to do on that defense but I'm liking that they turned the linebackers into a strength

ARMCX1

Former Staff
Jun 2013
SoCal
Lovie Smith to Illinois. I liked Lovie but he seemed too sedate on the sideline.

Hope the optimism proves right. 5-11 and 6-10 means nowhere to go but up.

Sparta

Former Staff
Aug 2006
Connecticut
Wow, I heard rumors about interest but I didn't know they offered. So he's leaving 4/19 on the table in Chicago over interest in Miami? I'm trying to take my homer colored glasses off but I can't figure how a guy makes that decision unless he's not interested in being part of a rotation.

I like Langford a lot. His catching ability is hopefully something that can improve, he wasn't horrible but he wasn't making athletic plays to pull catches in. I don't care what the stats say he's a better runner than Forte, he hits the hole harder and he's got break away speed. But this deal was to upgrade the position not to upgrade Langford, if they make it then it just means ka'deem Carey loses his reps. I'd be fine with Carey & Langford being 1&2. Chicago has money to burn.

Miami though?

Nov 2014
TN
I was a Bears/Steelers fan, I love the big defense style of play.

Then the Titans came to Nashville Jeff Fisher brought that Bears style to town... idiot Bud Adams got rid of him, hired crap coaches, never had a decent GM..