The Bernie/Warren he said she said controversy ahead of the debate tonight.

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Of Warren and Sanders, I would tend to believe him more.

It doesn't sound like something he would say to her.

Crazy as he is, I think he believes what he says and is usually truthful.

She has a history of problems telling the truth...
Being untruthful? She is a LIAR. Bernie is sincere about being a commie. Warren is a personality sponge. Like Hitlery.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
I seem to remember him being a lot better at debating. Kinda like Buttigieg is now.
It bugs the shit out of me that he keeps presenting himself as being a force behind the scenes for everything Obama did right and accepts no responsibility for anything that didn't go well. And no one asking him about what his position was at the time the ACA was being debated was as far as a public option goes. Especially with the resurgence of Joe Lieberman on cable news and he never gets asked about that either.

CtC

Mar 2019
California
It bugs the shit out of me that he keeps presenting himself as being a force behind the scenes for everything Obama did right and accepts no responsibility for anything that didn't go well. And no one asking him about what his position was at the time the ACA was being debated was as far as a public option goes. Especially with the resurgence of Joe Lieberman on cable news and he never gets asked about that either.
What is ACA?

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
yeah. I remember his "a noun, a verb and 9-11" remark that took Guiianni out. Now he's doing the same thing. He seems to preface every response with his time as VP. It's beyond redundant.

• Haha
Reactions: Blueneck
Jul 2014
midwest
if anything, it's because the Sanders campaign went after her first. But, let me just play devil's advocate . What if he did say what he's accused of? They're friends and it was a private conversation. We say things to our friends all the time that we wouldn't necessarily say in public. My guess is something like what's out there was said. But, it wasn't said as some sort of swipe against women. It most likely would have been an observation about how sexism still influences so many voters.
That's possible, but we may never know the truth.

Let's see if the subject is brought up tonight.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
As much as I disagree with Bernie on lots of things, I think he pretty much says what he believes.

Warren, has had issues with telling the truth in the past...
and Sanders has had problems with allegations of sexism in the past.

Sep 2013
On a hill
the basics.

Obviously the Warren campaign leaked this. Sanders is being accused of telling Warren that a woman couldn't win the presidential election in 2020. The Sanders campaign is saying it's a lie. Well, that's not quite right. The campaign manager, Jeff Weaver, is saying it's a case of one person remembering the conversation differently than the other. However, Nina Turner was just on MSNBC claiming he said no such thing. Of note, is that originally Jeff Weaver claimed that it was a lie as well.

The problem is how the Sanders campaign is responding. They can't seem to get their story straight. And this isn't the first time the Sanders campaign has had issues concerning alleged sexism.

Also trending right now is how the Sanders campaign had been given scripts to go after the Warren Campaign. Varying reporting on that one. But, it would appear that Sanders knew nothing about it.

Your thoughts.
its a nothing burger. So what if he did say that? It isnt a reflection on warren, but on where the country is.