The biggest increase in healthcare costs in 32 years

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu
Thanks Obama!

Obamacare is adding $112 billion to the budget deficit and national debt this year.

Sick: The biggest increase in healthcare costs in 32 years - LA Times

The U.S. Labor Department reported Friday that spending on healthcare rose last month by the biggest amount in more than three decades. This country already spends $3 trillion annually on healthcare. That represents about 17% of total economic activity. The average for all nations within the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development is 9%.

Reactions: 2 people
Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Obviously we just have too many people getting healthcare in this country, we need to have more dying in the streets, like third world hell hole countries with Republican style pay or die healthcare systems. Will Trump get that put in place for us, Libertine?

Jan 2016
Colorado
Obviously we just have too many people getting healthcare in this country, we need to have more dying in the streets, like third world hell hole countries with Republican style pay or die healthcare systems. Will Trump get that put in place for us, Libertine?
More and more people in America are getting OLD, increasing their demand for healthcare. We've GOT to stop that, SOMEHOW!!

Soylent Green, anyone?

Reactions: 1 person

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
I have:

Lost my plan
Lost my doctor
Seen my premiums sky rocket
Seen my deductible go through the roof

It sucks for me. I hope I am not the norm, but from studies apparently I am and Obamacare is a huge fail.

Reactions: 3 people
Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
By our estimates, Mr. Trump’s plan to repeal and replace Obamacare would cost roughly $330 billion over ten years including estimates of faster economic growth, and $550 billion under conventional scoring.

The policies would cause almost 21 million people to lose their insurance coverage, as the replacement health care policies would only cover 5 percent of the 22 million individuals who would lose coverage upon the repeal of Obamacare. This would almost double the number of Americans without health insurance.
Analysis of Donald Trump's Health Care Plan | Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget

Put some perfume on that pig of a health care plan of Trump's, would ya Libertine?

Note that this analysis does not include Mr. Trump’s call to negotiate aggressively for Medicare drugs, a policy that is not listed on his website. He has previously claimed that $300 billion a year could be saved through negotiation, a claim we rated as false because Medicare will only spend an average of $111 billion each year on prescription drugs. Based on previous estimates by CBO, actual savings would likely be small or negligible.
According to CBO, about 27 million Americans will lack health insurance coverage in 2018. Repealing Obamacare would increase that number by 22 million, whereas Mr. Trump’s replacement plan would only increase coverage by 1.1 million. In other words, the plan would increase the number of uninsured individuals by about 21 million and only cover about 5 percent of individuals that would lose coverage from Obamacare repeal.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
I have:

Lost my plan
Lost my doctor

It sucks for me. I hope I am not the norm, but from studies apparently I am and Obamacare is a huge fail.
Trump's plan is even worse.

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
If you got that from [MENTION=27288]Libertine[/MENTION] 's post....you are in serious need of a translator.....

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
More and more people in America are getting OLD, increasing their demand for healthcare. We've GOT to stop that, SOMEHOW!!

Soylent Green, anyone?
Soylent Green SUCKS.

The proper way to eat a person is to grill! (Have to burn the fat off, for a proper steak...especially if it was an American!)

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
I have:

Lost my plan
Lost my doctor

(Channeling my inner Liberal):

"HAHAHAHA! That sucks for you, loser! Now, go pay your taxes like the rest of the deplorables!"