The Carly Fiorina Surge

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
This is why people hang around in campaigns even when they are polling extremely low. They're hoping to catch lightning in a bottle the way Carly Fiorina just did with exceptional performances in back to back debates. It's just one poll, but even if it is off by 50% it still shows her more than doubling her support. Interesting that the biggest loser in the poll appears to be Carson. Is it sustainable though?

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
Gn'arly Carly...

I just wonder if her name were not "Carl" Fiorina they might not have been given special allowance to make it to the "adult" (<Braaahaha) debate stage.

Issueless and "personality-centric" as it was...

Sorry to sound sexist, but would "Carl" have been given special allowance?

And I am all for GOP diversity, Carly Fiorina is a sorry excuse or token, but...

Thx :)

Last edited:
Aug 2012
Here
Gn'arly Carly...

I just wonder if her name were not "Carl" Fiorina they might not have been given special allowance to make it to the "adult" (<Braaahaha) debate.

Issueless as it was...

Sorry to sound sexist, but would "Carl" have been given special allowance?

And I am all for GOP diversity, Carly Fiorina is a sorry excuse or token, but...

Interesting...

ARMCX1

Former Staff
Jun 2013
SoCal
Carly is useful to the Republicans because of her gender. It used to be that tickets were regionally balanced. Then tickets started being ideologically balanced as regionalism lessened in importance. In this case, the Republicans may feel the need to balance by gender to minimize the gender gap favoring Democrats. Of course, Republican women with less brittle personas and hispanic ethnicity would be even more desirable.

I don't see a part for Carly other than being one of the 16 dwarves.

Jul 2014
Border Fence
Carly is useful to the Republicans because of her gender. It used to be that tickets were regionally balanced. Then tickets started being ideologically balanced as regionalism lessened in importance. In this case, the Republicans may feel the need to balance by gender to minimize the gender gap favoring Democrats. Of course, Republican women with less brittle personas and hispanic ethnicity would be even more desirable.

I don't see a part for Carly other than being one of the 16 dwarves.
If this is a CNN poll most likely it was done after the debate. tomorrow we'll see if her PP video plunder and Carson's no Muslim break will change the numbers again.

Once people realize Trump Carson and Fiorina are un-electable, the numbers will go to the others in the middle.

Now I see why the GOP wanted as few debates as possibel.

Jul 2011
Tennessee
If this is a CNN poll most likely it was done after the debate. tomorrow we'll see if her PP video plunder and Carson's no Muslim break will change the numbers again.

Once people realize Trump Carson and Fiorina are un-electable, the numbers will go to the others in the middle.

Now I see why the GOP wanted as few debates as possibel.
you mean the democrats.

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
This is why people hang around in campaigns even when they are polling extremely low. They're hoping to catch lightning in a bottle the way Carly Fiorina just did with exceptional performances in back to back debates. It's just one poll, but even if it is off by 50% it still shows her more than doubling her support. Interesting that the biggest loser in the poll appears to be Carson. Is it sustainable though?

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination
Sorry, as to the topic: no.

Um, and Doctor Ben Carson... this is the first foray in the search for the non-Trump, they have such a "uuge" field and so few candidates with substance, can it be anything but a freak show?\

Nalp, not one of the GOP candidates is going to pass muster and that includes the Donald.

America hates this shit.

Just sayin'