The Christian Persecution Catalog

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
Eh?

What part of "...their very utterance inflict injury..." can't you wrap your mind around, hmmmm?
What kind of persecution causes the hmmmm affectation?

You are seriously claiming that somebody saying something you think is nasty is persecution, as in tortured and killed for ones beliefs?

Jan 2007
Irrelevant
LOL... Ridicule of non-persecution is not persecution.
Ridicule is a form of harassment. Done constantly, it is persecution - by the definition I provided.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_words#United_States

It has been well observed that such utterances are no essential part of any exposition of ideas, and are of such slight social value as a step to truth that any benefit that may be derived from them is clearly outweighed by the social interest in order and morality.

duh?

Some people need to portray themselves as helpless victims so badly that they'll go out of their way to actually prove the point of this thread they object to correct.
You mean a gay couple who initiates legal proceedings against a person who refuse to bake them a wedding cake?

You are correct. People do go to such ridiculous lengths to portray themselves as helpless victims.

duh?

Jan 2007
Irrelevant
What kind of persecution causes the hmmmm affectation?

You are seriously claiming that somebody saying something you think is nasty is persecution, as in tortured and killed for ones beliefs?
But refusal to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple is persecution -- by your standards?

Your hierarchy of values is somewhat skewed.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
You mean a gay couple who initiates legal proceedings against a person who refuse to bake them a wedding cake?

You are correct. People do go to such ridiculous lengths to portray themselves as helpless victims.

duh?
No. I thought I was pretty clear. I mean you. Setting yourself up as a poor victim because someone might make fun of you when you disingenuously try and hitch a ride on actual persecution with your made up persecution. Yeah, it'll always be worthy of mockery. And you're not doing any favors to the people around the world, Christian and not, who face actual persecution.

Jan 2007
Irrelevant
No. I thought I was pretty clear. I mean you. Setting yourself up as a poor victim because someone might make fun of you when you disingenuously try and hitch a ride on actual persecution with your made up persecution. Yeah, it'll always be worthy of mockery. And you're not doing any favors to the people around the world, Christian and not, who face actual persecution.
You are not making any sense.

I was commenting on the propriety of you and your cohort's ridicule of christian persecution in a public forum. For christians who are suffering actual persecution somewhere in the world, it is indecent. And I personally know some of these people.

But you (and your cohorts) are saying you are merely ridiculing false claims of christian persecution (without saying how these claims are false in the first place) -- and you have 418 pages of it. What's more, you argue that they are false claims of persecution simply because they are legal in the us. But christian persecution around the world are perpetuated by laws. In fact, hitler's persecution of the jews were legal according to their laws at that time.

So, in the end, this entire thread is meant only to ridicule. It is disgusting how you pat yourselves in the back as if you're so smart when the truth is, you are nothing but a bunch of bigots and hypocrites having a laugh at the expense of other people's misery.

Last edited:
Jan 2007
Irrelevant
Where have I claimed such? Remove thy plank before pointing at a mote.
You do understand that I put a question mark, don't you?

So, do you think that gays are being discriminated by a baker's refusal to bake them a wedding cake as dictated by his own conscience?

Do you think it is persecution when you file suit on that baker according to us anti-discrimination laws?

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
You are not making any sense.

I was commenting on the propriety of you and your cohort's ridicule of christian persecution in a public forum. For christians who are suffering actual persecution somewhere in the world, it is indecent. And I personally know some of these people.
As do I. Thus the motivation behind this thread. Purveyors of fake persecution, not just you, there are others here, do harm to sufferers of actual persecution. If they don't want to be made fun of then maybe they shouldn't make their fake persecution claims.

But you (and your cohorts) are saying you are merely ridiculing false claims of christian persecution (without saying how these claims are false in the first place) -- and you have 418 pages of it.
Oh, most of the examples have either been discussed, are similar to other examples, or are obvious. You're playing at being obtuse now.

What's more, you argue that they are false claims of persecution simply because they are legal in the us.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I've never claimed such a thing. Backing up your claims of fake persecution with lies and dishonesty probably wasn't your best move.

But christian persecution around the world are perpetuated by laws. In fact, hitler's persecution of the jews were legal according to their laws at that time.
Thank you for making my point. Yes, there are tons of examples of actual persecution in the world.

So, in the end, this entire thread is meant only to ridicule. It is disgusting how you pat yourselves in the back as if you're so smart when the truth is, you are nothing but a bunch of bigots and hypocrites having a laugh at the expense of other people's misery.
Your transparent sanctimonious dishonesty aside, you're not coming off very smart here. You keep making the same debunked argument over and over. While actual persecution keeps getting acknowledged and sympathized with, you claim all persecution is being mocked. You've clearly given up and are no longer even trying to make a rational point.