The Consequences of a President Fomenting Civil War

Dec 2006
required field
They're ridiculously easy to predict. Citizens will plot to murder one another over their political differences. Murders will occur. People will be killed and their families left to pick up the pieces or seek revenge, thereby ensuring the cycle continues.

A far-right strategy takes shape as militiamen organize to use ‘lethal force’ for violence-prone events in liberal urban centers.

Claiming that the “violent left” is preparing an insurrection designed to grab “illegitimate power,” the Oath Keepers’ president and founder Stewart Rhodes this week announced on their website that his group is organizing training sessions around the United States aimed at helping militiamen and “Patriots” prepare for “lethal force” at far-right events in cities targeted for right-wing protests.
Oath Keepers announce national ‘Spartan’ training program aimed at ‘violent left’

Last edited:

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
The "violent right" has all the guns. What makes them think the left is going to, or even be able to, start anything serious? The violent right is just looking for an excuse to start shooting liberals, even center-leaning ones. They will not care ... anyone not supporting the Trump regime will be targeted.

To be sure, some of us liberal are armed, but not nearly enough...

Jan 2016
Colorado
The "violent right" has all the guns. What makes them think the left is going to, or even be able to, start anything serious? The violent right is just looking for an excuse to start shooting liberals, even center-leaning ones. They will not care ... anyone not supporting the Trump regime will be targeted.

To be sure, some of us liberal are armed, but not nearly enough...
It has been a few years, but I used to see a bumper sticker which said the following:

If Guns Are Outlawed, How Will We Shoot Liberals?

Jan 2016
Colorado
Antifa: Punch Nazis

Nazis: Kill leftists

Centrists: I can't tell the difference between these two positions.
I must object. I'm a centrist, and I can sure as HELL tell the difference. I've been calling for the city of Charlottesville to erect a statue to honor Heather Heyer, who gave her life fighting Nazis on the streets of America. She certainly deserves the honor FAR more than the Confederate traitors whose statues are being taken or torn down, as the case may be.

Dec 2006
required field
I must object. I'm a centrist, and I can sure as HELL tell the difference. I've been calling for the city of Charlottesville to erect a statue to honor Heather Heyer, who gave her life fighting Nazis on the streets of America. She certainly deserves the honor FAR more than the Confederate traitors whose statues are being taken or torn down, as the case may be.
ok but remember the center has shifted very far to the right in the last couple decades. I'm not challenging your political identification, but I'm saying maybe the average centrist might consider you a leftist. :p

Jan 2016
Colorado
ok but remember the center has shifted very far to the right in the last couple decades. I'm not challenging your political identification, but I'm saying maybe the average centrist might consider you a leftist. :p
Well, it is certainly true that I am frequently CALLED a leftist, LOL! And yet I consider myself to be an Eisenhower Republican! Maybe I'm the last one in America. We're a dying breed.

Seriously, I'm a very definite monetary conservative. I think the Federal Reserve should be raising interest rates faster than they are, to ward off inflation. At least in the OLD days, that would have DEFNITELY marked me as a monetary conservative! I'm a fiscal conservative, who thinks we should be tackling that monstrously large national debt with a combination of spending cuts and tax hikes, JUST AS the Simpson/Bowles Commission on the National Debt recommended. I'm a cultural conservative who deplores rap music and violent video games, and deems them a BAD influence on our youth, and I think we should be immersing our young people in the great books of the past. Which also makes me an educational conservative, by the way. Back to the basics in education, I say! I'm a proponent of classical education, the way that ALL the great minds of the past were educated. If that isn't conservative, I don't know what would be!

It's pretty damn laughable when people go off the deep end and start calling me a Marxist and stuff. I can only guffaw.