The Consequences of a President Fomenting Civil War

Dec 2006
required field
Trump called Democrats "evil" on Sunday I think it was. Not directly, he just said it was a plot by democrats, and the people who did it were evil. It's not much of a logical leap to conclude that democrats = evil. This is all by design. Hell, I can think of a handful of posters who have repeated this mantra for as long as I can remember.

Remember when a gunman fired into a pizzeria because he believed Hillary Clinton was running a child sex ring out of the nonexistent basement? Good times.

Mar 2010
Indiana
Y'all need a foreign outside backer. Russia could have armed you guys to the teeth, as they have the Donbassians, Assad, and all kinds of other nice folks all over the world. But, Hillary and others have spent years alienating the hell out of them for you, so if anything does go down in America, they'll probably be backing the rednecks and Nazis against you haha

Maybe try China. Or the Islamic world...
Sadly we don't need an outside backer. This country is chuck full of weapons. An estimated 15 million AR-15's and more guns than people. If we really do have a civil war is will be a bloody one.

Mar 2010
Indiana
I read the other day that 50% of Americans identify as belonging to a political party. That’s 1 out of every two people.

That number in Canada is 1 in 200.

No joke.

Out of every 200 people, ONE supports a political party. The other 199 are independents.

We love you people, you’re overall great neighbors. But honestly - you’re straight up fucking NUTS when it comes to politics.

When your civil war goes hot we are going to be well over on the sidelines. Maybe handing out water bottles. But that’s it.
My European relatives don't understand why have to get so riled up about politics. They discuss it there too but they don't get bent out of shape over it like we do.

Reactions: bajisima
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
My European relatives don't understand why have to get so riled up about politics. They discuss it there too but they don't get bent out of shape over it like we do.
Same with my spouses family. I think thats because they have so many parties and have to form coalitions. Here you see the Greens fighting the democrats or the libertarians running against the republicans. In other countries they vote who they closest align with and then make "friends" with the others closest to their ideology. Here there still are some railing on Ralph Nader and Bernie Sanders. That doesnt happen over there.

Reactions: EnigmaO01

Blues63

Dec 2014
Mustafa
It's the same in Australia: we discuss issues but the division isn't as strong as in the US and we don't get all angry and hateful over the subject as a rule. Half the fun of these forums is watching Americans go at it....

Er...I'll just see myself out, ok?

Reactions: Ian Jeffrey