The Conspiracy Theories A Conservative Must Believe Today

Nov 2007
Yes. Climate change is detrimental to the environment and and will make it difficult/impossible for humans to continue to live in certain places and will alter the climate in places where certain agricultural activities have traditionally been done to the point that it can no longer be used for that activity.

Inaction will be much more costly than altering our behaviors.
I haven't seen definitive proof of either of those. In general, I prefer warmer weather.

In regards to the impact on sea levels and agriculture.

Wouldn't it be cheaper and more practical to simply

1) Build dikes in response to the former? Seems to have worked well for the Dutch.
2) Irrigate dry farmland? Seems to have worked well for millennia.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
I haven't seen definitive proof of either of those. In general, I prefer warmer weather.

In regards to the impact on sea levels and agriculture.

Wouldn't it be cheaper and more practical to simply

1) Build dikes in response to the former? Seems to have worked well for the Dutch.
2) Irrigate dry farmland? Seems to have worked well for millennia.
NASA and the Pentagon do not share your sunny optimism on the difficulty of coping with the massive amounts of changes coming our way. But what do they know, all is going to be just swell...those dikes around New Orleans worked perfectly.... :rolleyes: And only cost a mere 14 billion to repair...

Reactions: Babba and Panzareta

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
What makes you think I believe President Trump. I didn't vote for him. He disgusts me. But I don't think he should be removed from office and that impeachment is more damaging to the U.S. than anything President Trump has done or will do.
Of course, he will never be convicted on impeachment anyway, but I disagree. He is what is dangerous to the U.S., and he should be removed. At the very least, we should have all available information before making a decision in 2020.

Reactions: OldGaffer
Jul 2013
On a happy trail
I kind of like #5:

The once Grand Old Party has gone to POT. It is now the Party of Trump, and its adherents must believe all sorts of sketchy and unproven things in order to be faithful to the party. No longer is the Republican Party made up of conservatives. Conservatives have gone the way of the dodo in Washington.
It's the party of old paranoid white, Ayn Rand worshiping, men trying to raise a younger generation of social outcast/misfit males to follow in their own footsteps.

Nov 2007
NASA and the Pentagon do not share your sunny optimism on the difficulty of coping with the massive amounts of changes coming our way. But what do they know, all is going to be just swell...those dikes around New Orleans worked perfectly.... :rolleyes: And only cost a mere 14 billion to repair...
The Hurricane Katrina disaster had nothing at all to do with climate change or sea levels changing.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
The Barr-Durham Investigation will prove your Washington Monthly article is just another Fake News piece .....

But, you still will not be able to see it then.
Are you saying that all eleven of those "conspiracies" are, indeed, just conspiracy theories?

Reactions: OldGaffer
Oct 2019
Earth
I love this piece. It lays out all the ridiculous things conservatives today believe like 10,000 scientists have made up human caused climate change for grant money, lol. Or the news media conspires to make Trump and the Republicans look bad in exchange for what no one knows? Or that there is widespread voter fraud even though that would be essentially impossible and would be ridiculously impractical. But my favorite has to be:

Well, when Epstein is arrested on child trafficking and other related charges, ABC covering up the story for years, meanwhile Disney, the parent company, was offering boat trips to that same island.

A person could make the argument that by attacking Trump as a matter of self-preservation.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Most of them are not "conspiracies" at all. Just examples of groupthink and validation.
Such as the conspiracy theory that 10,000 scientists have contrived a massive hoax about climate change or the conspiracy theory that voter fraud is rampant and out of control....even though Trump won in 2016?

Reactions: Babba