The Cost of Illegal Immigration to the United States

Nov 2008
Washington state
The Federal government spends a net amount of $45.8 billion on illegal aliens and their U.S.-born children. This amount includes expenditures for public education, medical care, justice enforcement initiatives, welfare programs and other miscellaneous costs. It also factors in the meager amount illegal aliens pay to the federal government in income, social security, Medicare and excise taxes. The Cost of Illegal Immigration to US Taxpayers | FAIR
This is the cost of supporting Illegal immigration Democrats are telling Americans to support. The argument they are paying taxes just flew out the window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Is the benefit of their labor subtracted from that? It's not like they lay down on the ground sucking up resources and doing nothing else. These guys work and that has a value. Two southern states learned that the hard way when they enacted draconian immigration reform and that year their crops rotted in the fields, costing them billions of dollars.

May 2016
california
Exploiting cheap immigrant labor has been part of the California agricultural scene for a long time. Their kids working in the fields are learning new skills and housewives pay less for their tomatoes.

Jan 2014
California
Is the benefit of their labor subtracted from that? It's not like they lay down on the ground sucking up resources and doing nothing else. These guys work and that has a value. Two southern states learned that the hard way when they enacted draconian immigration reform and that year their crops rotted in the fields, costing them billions of dollars.
Mr. Chief,

So true, the value of slave labor is substantial. Of course, if you are an American who is having to take substandard wages to compete, you probably wouldn't be so supportive of illegals.

RNG

Jan 2015
Left coast
Your source is rated as questionable with a very poor rating on factual content. Some of those price estimates have been shown to be grossly exaggerated, but that there is a cost is unquestionable.

And I am very much against illegal entry into anyone's country.

However the major point is what is the best, most efficient way to minimize that. And the iron curtain is way down on the list.

There are many ways that money could be used more efficiently to achieve the desired goal.

Apr 2015
Banned
Your source is rated as questionable with a very poor rating on factual content. Some of those price estimates have been shown to be grossly exaggerated, but that there is a cost is unquestionable.

However the major point is what is the best, most efficient way to minimize that. And the iron curtain is way down on the list.

There are many ways that money could be used more efficiently to achieve the desired goal.
Dems don't approve of the alternative methods either.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA

Yeah, I never understand why some people almost always have to post from such biased sites (lol)

In fact, immigration, for the most part, helps our economy.

How immigrants can make the economy — and the nation — stronger

4 myths about how immigrants affect the U.S. economy

Immigration is an economic necessity, not a threat

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Mr. Chief,

So true, the value of slave labor is substantial. Of course, if you are an American who is having to take substandard wages to compete, you probably wouldn't be so supportive of illegals.
Do you want to pick strawberries as your career?

These guys do things that Americans won't do.

Jan 2014
California
Do you want to pick strawberries as your career?

These guys do things that Americans won't do.
Mr. Chief,

I want to ski, golf, hike, fly fish, travel, read books, cook, garden, work out, play tennis, go to the theater, movies, and live jazz shows, relax, do wood work, do home improvements, and sleep late as a career. Unfortunately, I have to be a civil engineer 9 more months to do that.

As to your well worn, but false bromide, illegals are doing things that Americans would do, but not that cheaply. There is not a lot of strawberry picking in Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago, and San Francisco.

Jan 2014
California