The Cost of Illegal Immigration to the United States

Jan 2007
For argument's sake, lets say you buy 50 heads of lettuce a year, and you pay ten cents less per head due to undocumented workers harvesting the crop. That saves you 5 dollars a year times the people who buy 50 heads of lettuce a year in the country, say 100 million. That would be 500 million a year saved on lettuce alone.

Let's say you buy 50 lbs. of carrots a year and get each pound for 10 cents less due to the undocumented harvesting the crop....

Won't take long to save trillions.
Your numbers are a little optimistic. So in 2,000 years we save a one trillion on lettuce. How many babies born to illegals in 2,000 years will there be and what will the cost to deliver them be?

Last edited:
Dec 2015
SoCal
Your numbers are a little optimistic. So in 2,000 years we save a one trillion on lettuce. How many babies born to illegals in 2,000 years will there be and what will the cost to deliver them be?
Since it is my theory, I can always adjust the numbers up or down as I see fit, essentially along the lines of what you what you are arguing.

There are also cabbages, broccoli, celery, kale (yuck!), spinach, radishes, cauliflower, asparagus, garlic, onions, beans, tomatoes... the list is practically without end.

Jan 2007
Since it is my theory, I can always adjust the numbers up or down as I see fit, essentially along the lines of what you what you are arguing.

There are also cabbages, broccoli, celery, kale (yuck!), spinach, radishes, cauliflower, asparagus, garlic, onions, beans, tomatoes... the list is practically without end.
Machines are without end:

Jan 2019
Midwest
Mine is a theoretical argument. Fact is, I don't know exactly how much undocumented workers save us at the grocery store each year, but I suspect it is a lot.

Finally, I'm not a big fan of you disparaging Russians since we have plenty uneducated in our own country.

Okay...I see where you were going. Thanks for the arse realignment...I needed that. ;)

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
Talk right wing propaganda. Find a news source which backs the lies in this opinion piece. If you can't find the facts, maybe having discussions with those of us who can would not be the best use of your time.

Corporate welfare costs more than helping the poor.

Welfare Statistics: Government Spends More on Corporate Welfare Than..

NFL stadiums cost taxpayers more.

NFL stadiums cost taxpayers billions of dollars

Your religious cult attacks helping the poor while worshiping helping the rich. Sick.
What is your argument? That it's ok that taxpayers surrender billions of dollars to take care of illegals, because government spends money corporate welfare and NFL stadiums??

Did you ever think that illegals don't belong in this country? At least the corporations use their money to hire American workers, who then pay taxes. The NFL stadiums hire many workers and pay them.

Jan 2007
....will not be covered by “the wall”
If you think a wall is expensive, what's the cost of tens of thousands of border patrol, technology, detention, immigration lawyers, every year. Medical costs for the one's that get sick in out custody. Once they step foot on our soil it's a big pile of shit we have to deal with. The fewer that touch our soil the better off. Especially pregnant in the ninth month.