The #ElPasoChallenge... Who's Up For It?

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
Disagree.

Evil can be reached in desperation, through anger or by being taught. Your act of kindness, or a community's combined acts of kindness, might be all it takes to redirect someone away from their course towards evil.

Just think, through a kind act from our own past, we may have already thwarted a mass shooter.
I don't know about that man.

Evil people have had people be kind to them in their life.

I know what you're saying, and you hope your act of kindness makes a huge impact to prevent something like this, but some people are just evil. And they let evil take root in their life despite good deeds done to them.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
I don't know about that man.

Evil people have had people be kind to them in their life.

I know what you're saying, and you hope your act of kindness makes a huge impact to prevent something like this, but some people are just evil.
I agree. Some people are just evil. But, also, not every evil person has resorted to pulling off a mass shooting.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Decency, fairness, tolerance, kindness. They're not weaknesses.

Kudos to this kid.

Seems like he is more grown-up than a lot of adults.

Oct 2011
Washington State
Mr. boontito,

I usually hit 25 good deeds by 10:00 each morning...;)

Kidding, but I generally get at least a couple a day. Last night, I was at the grocery store, a woman was holding a box of canned tomato behind me. Since I had a full cart, I waved her ahead of me. Turns out she had a full basket on the floor that I didn't see. I shrugged my shoulders and said "I guess I already waved you ahead." Less then 1/2 minute later, a guy came up with a single bag of lettuce. I just sighed and waved him ahead too.
Ms. Kallie Knoetze,

That was really nice of you. It's called being mindful among other things and I commend you. Maybe you could suggest it to Trump. Don't get me wrong I think Trump is mindful, he's mindful for himself.

May 2012
By the wall
In a world where people tire of things like Slacktivism and Thoughts & Prayers & Nothing Else, one little boy struggling with a shooting in his community is trying to make a difference.

El Paso Challenge: An 11-year-old started a campaign to help his community heal - CNN

He calls it the #ElPasoChallenge.

Here's how it works: The 11-year-old is challenging each person in El Paso to do 22 good deeds for others --- one for each of the victims shot and killed when a white supremacist began firing Saturday inside a Walmart.

You can mow someone's lawn, visit a nursing home, pay for someone's lunch or dinner, donate to families in need, write someone a letter and tell them how great they are, hold the door for everyone, take flowers to someone in the hospital or leave a dollar on the vending machine for the next person, the young boy suggests, among other ideas in a list of "kind acts" examples.
I vow to report 22 illegal immigrants to ICE!

Jan 2014
California
Ms. Kallie Knoetze,

That was really nice of you. It's called being mindful among other things and I commend you. Maybe you could suggest it to Trump. Don't get me wrong I think Trump is mindful, he's mindful for himself.
Mr. Enough,

Next time I see him, I suggest it as you recommended....;)