the experience of changing one's mind.

Dec 2014
NWOHQ
I could write a 3,000 word essay on this topic just in keeping with the theme of this sub forum, however, I will be concise.

My example is that of moving away from faith in ideologies. As an avid student of history I realised that the worst excesses of man are performed in the name of an ideology. I could provide historical examples all day long, but suffice it to say, that the justification for genocides (1) is always ideological whether it be political or religious ~ and that is the basis for my scepticism and suspicion.

'Beware the man of one book', whether it be Mein Kampf, or the Bible, it makes no difference, for almost anything can be used as justification for killing.
(1) Oops! I missed the erroneous plural in editing.

Mar 2019
TN
I could write a 3,000 word essay on this topic just in keeping with the theme of this sub forum, however, I will be concise.

My example is that of moving away from faith in ideologies. As an avid student of history I realised that the worst excesses of man are performed in the name of an ideology. I could provide historical examples all day long, but suffice it to say, that the justification for genocides is always ideological whether it be political or religious ~ and that is the basis for my scepticism and suspicion.

'Beware the man of one book', whether it be Mein Kampf, or the Bible, it makes no difference, for almost anything can be used as justification for killing.

NAILED IT !!!! <iframe src="Well Done Applause GIF by RTL 5 - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
Ick.

My mother used to prepare that frozen stuff (this was well over 40 years ago) that was absolutely awful, and I thought that (and the canned stuff Popeye ate) is what spinach was all about. That stayed with me well into adulthood. When I discovered fresh spinach leaves that got put in a salad - especially with only a light oil/vinegar dressing - I found out what the real thing was like, and eat plenty of it when available.
I like popeye spinach in the can as well, but fresh leaves are hard to beat.

May 2012
By the wall
When I was in my late teens and just getting into politics I was a die hard liberal, progressive, democrat...whatever the term was back then.

I saw a homeless guy outside of a store asking for money so I gave him a dollar and he threw it back at me and said, "is that it punk"?

I turned conservative that day.