The Failed Economic Promises Of Donald Trump

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Well he might just get the Fed to cut interest rates. That would be a promise he said he would do back in January. If I recall correctly he said "lower the rates or else!"

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Or else, by golly, he'll DEMOTE Jerome Powell?
Well old Jerome seems to be listening. Quite a few expect rates to be lowered next month even though a majority of "experts" say it should either remain or be raised. I think thats caving. I still think Trump has pictures of all these guys or something...

Jan 2016
Colorado
Well old Jerome seems to be listening. Quite a few expect rates to be lowered next month even though a majority of "experts" say it should either remain or be raised. I think thats caving. I still think Trump has pictures of all these guys or something...
The market sees almost a 100% chance of a rate cut in July, and yes, I think it will be a mistake.

I will come back to this later, after I hopefully find a newspaper article I clipped out regarding this......

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
The market sees almost a 100% chance of a rate cut in July, and yes, I think it will be a mistake.

I will come back to this later, after I hopefully find a newspaper article I clipped out regarding this......
The part that is most bothersome is that Powell and much of the Fed swore up and down just a few months ago that rates would NOT be cut because Trump asked them to. They went on and on about how they are independent and dont take orders from him. So if they do cut rates next month it has a terrible optic and makes them look "owned."