The failure of the "good guy with a gun" theory

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Witness in deadly mall shooting video: "They shot that man down for no reason"

Bradford family attorney Benjamin Crump said Bradford was killed because police saw a black man holding a gun. "There's some suggestion… that to stop the bad guys with guns we need to have the good guys with guns. Well, EJ Bradford was a good guy with a gun," Crump said.
I'm as 2A friendly as they come, but the biggest threat to our right to bear arms may come from law enforcement more than from gun control advocates. What good is it to have the right to bear arms if it's a sufficient reason for law enforcement to shoot you on sight?

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Witness in deadly mall shooting video: "They shot that man down for no reason"

I'm as 2A friendly as they come, but the biggest threat to our right to bear arms may come from law enforcement more than from gun control advocates. What good is it to have the right to bear arms if it's a sufficient reason for law enforcement to shoot you on sight?
I am pretty sure holding a firearm when police arrive is a sufficient reason for law enforcement to shoot you on sight.

And, that has nothing to do with being black, as your race baiting article suggest.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
I am pretty sure holding a firearm when police arrive is a sufficient reason for law enforcement to shoot you on sight.

And, that has nothing to do with being black, as your race baiting article suggest.
Bullshit. My post has nothing to do with racial bias. Gun owners come in every race, sex, ethnicity, etc....

If you have a legal right to bear arms and you are in a place where an active shooter is killing people, what are you going to do? How are you going to be that "good guy with a gun"? Are you keeping your gun in its holster? This is the second time I have seen the police shoot someone holding a gun on sight in the past month, and they were wrong both times.

What good is it having the right to bear arms if the police have no requirement to check whether you are committing a crime? Holding a gun is not a crime.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Bullshit. My post has nothing to do with racial bias. Gun owners come in every race, sex, ethnicity, etc....

If you have a legal right to bear arms and you are in a place where an active shooter is killing people, what are you going to do? How are you going to be that "good guy with a gun"? Are you keeping your gun in its holster? This is the second time I have seen the police shoot someone holding a gun on sight in the past month, and they were wrong both times.

What good is it having the right to bear arms if the police have no requirement to check whether you are committing a crime? Holding a gun is not a crime.
"Bradford was killed because police saw a black man holding a gun"

Bullshit.

The article is race bait.

May 2016
Florida
Nah ...

He's dead for not following orders from the LEO.
Negative, he’s dead because the cop shared the same bed shitting fear of blacks that you do.

You can see the Oath Keepers or the Alt-right posing with AR-15s and you feel a tingle down your leg about true patriots, but the same pose with people with a dark complexion, and suddenly you need adult diapers.

Jun 2018
US

I too Believe that holding a ccw and carrying a gun comes with many risks when it comes to dealing with law enforcement.

With that in mind I would NOT have my firearm in my hand when the cops arrive at the scene. They are already pumped up with adrenaline riding over to the scene of the shooting.

My hands would be up or I would be on the ground either way the whole time talking to 911 before they arrive.

Being non white does play into the narrative. but having a firearm in your hands when cops arrive is always recipe for disaster no matter what color you are.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Negative, he’s dead because the cop shared the same bed shitting fear of blacks that you do.

You can see the Oath Keepers or the Alt-right posing with AR-15s and you feel a tingle down your leg about true patriots, but the same pose with people with a dark complexion, and suddenly you need adult diapers.
So much so he shit his pants over 4 black guys with rifles in Atlanta.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
"Bradford was killed because police saw a black man holding a gun"

Bullshit.

The article is race bait.
Ok.... Clearly you really like to talk about race but let's play pretend for a bit. Forget that such a thing as "race" exists in this world. Seriously, just let it go.

Now, how the fuck are you going to exercise your right to bear arms if the police shoot you when you legally do so?