The FBI Tragedy: Elites above the Law

Jan 2019
southeast
It is pretty amazing that one institution could be so crooked...and their mindset was we will never get caught!

The FBI Tragedy: Elites above the Law
By VICTOR DAVIS HANSON
June 11, 2019 6:30 AM

(Yuri Gripas/Reuters)
After decades in the FBI, the top brass came to believe they could flout the law and pursue their own political agendas.
One of the media and beltway orthodoxies we constantly hear is that just a few bad apples under James Comey at the FBI explain why so many FBI elites have been fired, resigned, reassigned, demoted, or retired — or just left for unexplained reasons. The list is long and includes director James Comey himself, deputy director Andrew McCabe, counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok, attorney Lisa Page, chief of staff James Rybicki, general counsel James Baker, assistant director for public affairs Mike Kortan, Comey’s special assistant Josh Campbell, executive assistant director James Turgal, assistant director for office of congressional affairs Greg Bower, executive assistant director Michael Steinbach, and executive assistant director John Giacalone. In short, in about every growing scandal of the past two years — FISA, illegal leaking, spying on a presidential candidate, lying under oath, obstructing justice — someone in the FBI is involved.FBI Tragedy: Elites above the Law | National Review

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
What amazes me is Comey is shooting off at the mouth, pretending that he did everything by the book. He should go down as the worst FBI Director in American history. And, he was surrounded with other traitors who wanted Hillary to win and when she lost, they wanted to get Trump out of office as soon as possible.

I am so glad we have an AG who seems to be intent on getting to the bottom of this horrific scandal. The crooks you mentioned, need to be put on trial and go to prison for a long, long time.

Jan 2019
southeast
What amazes me is Comey is shooting off at the mouth, pretending that he did everything by the book. He should go down as the worst FBI Director in American history. And, he was surrounded with other traitors who wanted Hillary to win and when she lost, they wanted to get Trump out of office as soon as possible.

I am so glad we have an AG who seems to be intent on getting to the bottom of this horrific scandal. The crooks you mentioned, need to be put on trial and go to prison for a long, long time.
I don't ever recall in the past heads of the CIA and FBI broadcasting themselves all over cable news networks. I guess they are out their attempting to defend themselves before the axe falls on them.

Jan 2019
southeast
Who Ran Crossfire Hurricane?
Barr’s investigators should focus on John Brennan and Gina Haspel.
by JED BABBIN
June 3, 2019, 12:05 AM
Gina Haspel’s confirmation hearing (CSpan screenshot/Wikimedia Commons)

by ANDREW HARROD
“Crossfire Hurricane” — the melodramatic code name for the FBI/CIA spy operation on candidate Trump and his early presidency — was run for the FBI by then-FBI Director James Comey, his deputy Andrew McCabe, Special Agent Peter Strzok, and a few others.

Then-CIA director John Brennan ran it for the CIA. Brennan had to have help, but who was it? A lot of evidence points to the CIA’s then-chief of station in London in 2016-2017, and now the Director of Central Intelligence, Gina Haspel.Who Ran Crossfire Hurricane? | The American Spectator | Politics Is Too Important To Be Taken Seriously.

Mar 2015
Istanbul NOT Constantinople...

What amazes me are the number of people completely willing to side against America in order to be a good soldier for the Republican army.

Barr is a piece of shit. FUCK HIM.

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
I don't ever recall in the past heads of the CIA and FBI broadcasting themselves all over cable news networks. I guess they are out their attempting to defend themselves before the axe falls on them.
Yes, and you would think they would keep their mouths shut. Running scared, and acting like they did the right thing. Another guy who needs to go to jail is avowed Communist John Brennan. He is a real slime-ball and I hope he gets his just sentence.

Of course, I am not sure many of them will be punished. It seems that conservatives are the only ones who pay for their crimes.