The federal deficit ballooned at start of new fiscal year, up 77 percent from a year before

May 2007
your place
Go out and find us ANY credible economist OR historian who thinks that 'trade wars are easy to win', Miller47, or who thinks that 'trade wars are good', which are two HIGHLY IGNORANT opinions that Donald Trump has expressed.

A SINGLE FUCKING ONE.

That would be someone whose opinion would count more than YOURS.

I'll wait, but I won't hold my breath. Because that wouldn't be prudent. As George H.W. Bush might have said.

P.S. He was a smart man. HE at least understood that trade wars are stupid. Why don't you?

Personally, the “trade war” with China may not be good for the economy but I wish we had done it years ago and told China that if they want to protect North Korea while they build nukes, then we are going to shut down trade completely.

Trump is right that we are getting screwed over by the Chinese.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Personally, the “trade war” with China may not be good for the economy but I wish we had done it years ago and told China that if they want to protect North Korea while they build nukes, then we are going to shut down trade completely.

We have MANY legitimate complaints about the Chinese and their trading practices, no doubt. The Trans-Pacific Partnership, The TPP agreement that Trump withdrew us from on his FIRST day in office, was DESIGNED to address that! Most Americans don't even KNOW that China was quite deliberately excluded from the TPP, and that it was an effort by us and our allies to exert tremendous pressure on the Chinese to change their ways. Withdrawing from it was actually an amazing act of American surrender, as if we were raising up the white flag, and they were popping the champagne corks in Beijing when Trump did that.

Jul 2014
midwest
Go out and find us ANY credible economist OR historian who thinks that 'trade wars are easy to win', Miller47, or who thinks that 'trade wars are good', which are two HIGHLY IGNORANT opinions that Donald Trump has expressed.

A SINGLE FUCKING ONE.

That would be someone whose opinion would count more than YOURS.

I'll wait, but I won't hold my breath. Because that wouldn't be prudent. As George H.W. Bush might have said.

P.S. He was a smart man. HE at least understood that trade wars are stupid. Why don't you?
If I run out of better things to do, I'll jump right on that.

But, there's probably lots of things higher on the list.

Grass not growing yet, but paint still drying...

Jul 2014
midwest

China has been in a trade war with us for many years.

We only recently decided to fight back.

Oct 2011
Washington State
The same thing that happened to the pretend fiscally responsible Democrats...they got voted in.

Both sides are worried about the deficit, until they get in power.

Then they spend like drunken sailors.

Actually, comparing them to drunken sailors is insulting to drunken sailors.

No worries, when the Dems get in THEY will spend like drunken sailors and the Repubs will pretend to be fiscally responsible.

Every single time.
Tell me something I don't know. So what's your argument?

Oct 2011
Washington State
Let us know when Trumps deficit gets as big as Obamas were.

Obama is still the champ in THAT dubious department...
Oh, I'll let you know, it's coming. Don't forget TRUMP'S dubious record $891 Billion Trade Deficit and he's already added $2 Trillion to the debt. It wouldn't be so bad but Trump campaigned on the opposite.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Oh, I'll let you know, it's coming. Don't forget TRUMP'S dubious record $891 Billion Trade Deficit and he's already added $2 Trillion to the debt. It wouldn't be so bad but Trump campaigned on the opposite.
Mitt Romney: "Donald Trump's promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University."

Mitt Rmoney has the spine of an invertebrate, but every once in a great great while, the man speaks crystal clear truth.

Jul 2014
midwest
It may be coming.

Let us know when it actually happens.

We KNOW that Obama had the biggest deficits.

That is a fact.