The Friendship of Ellen and GWB

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Let's not forget that the amiable guy who everyone wants to have a beer with is responsible for putting the vile Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld in positions of power and starting a war that killed 4500 US troops and 100,000 Iraqis for no apparent reason. True, he's not as disgusting as Trump, but that's really not saying much.
I don't think it was for no reason. I think he did it because Hussein tried to have GWB's dad assassinated. Not saying he's right for it, but just that's what I think drove him to invade Iraq for any available reason.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I don't think it was for no reason. I think he did it because Hussein tried to have GWB's dad assassinated. Not saying he's right for it, but just that's what I think drove him to invade Iraq for any available reason.
Also mentioned was Saddams murdering of hundreds of thousands of Kurds. The two likely were reasons for the Iraq invasion. GWB wanted Saddam gone.

Jun 2007
Wisconsin
I have lots of friends and family that I don't agree with on a lot of things. She's right. That doesn't mean you can't be friends and be friendly. Michelle Obama and GW Bush are friends, too.
And if you remember Barbara Bush's funeral, it was commented that Melania seemed to be enjoying the company of the Obama's, Hillary, and the Bushes. She appeared to be more at ease that she is when she is around trump.

Reactions: Panzareta
Oct 2011
Washington State
Let's not forget that the amiable guy who everyone wants to have a beer with is responsible for putting the vile Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld in positions of power and starting a war that killed 4500 US troops and 100,000 Iraqis for no apparent reason. True, he's not as disgusting as Trump, but that's really not saying much.
I know Bush was no angel. Lot's of Presidents have done some horrid despicable things.

Trump's on an Island by himself.

My opposition to Trump stopped being about politics a long time ago. This isn't about me being a progressive rejecting conservatism, it's about me, as a decent human being, rejecting a bigoted, racist, vile piece of shit and an all-around disgusting person.

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu
Check out what the fine folks at HuffPo say about it.

Reese Witherspoon And Kristen Bell Slammed For Supporting Ellen DeGeneres

HuffPost Elyse Wanshel,HuffPost

Many also consider Bush to be a war criminal. In 2003, his administration began a war based on the false claim that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. The war led to an estimated 250,000 civilian deaths in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan, according to a 2018 Brown University study. More than 4,200 U.S. troops also died in the war, per the Miller Center. The former president’s supposed “War on Terror” also cost the U.S. more than $5.6 trillion, according to Brown.

In recent years, the former president was instrumental in the confirmation of ultra-conservative Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh — even in the midst of numerous sexual assault and harassment allegations against the judge.

Jun 2014
United States
I don't agree with Ellen on some issues, but she seems to keep it classy and avoid controversial topics, and you really have to respect that. She did a lot for the child of a friend who was a disabled vet.

GWB must be fun to hang out with, he always seems to be happy and keep the people around him laughing and having a good time.

“Here’s the thing: I’m friends with George Bush. In fact, I’m friends with a lot of people who don’t share the same beliefs that I have. We’re all different and I think that we’ve forgotten that we’re all different.

“But just because I don’t agree with someone on everything doesn’t mean I’m not gonna be friends with them," DeGeneres continued. "When I say be kind to one another, I don’t mean only the people that think the same way you do. I mean be kind to everyone. It doesn’t matter."

I don't find it surprising that W and Ellen would hang out together. After all, they're both multi-millionaires. They're members of a fairly exclusive club.

Reactions: Panzareta
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Another classic example of the tolerance of the Intolerant Left.

Always right there cracking that whip ready to eat their own for stepping out of line.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
No. But you didn't miss making something from nothing. People on the internet bitch about anything. You can post a recipe for apple pie and someone will bitch about it. Anyway, GWB and ED remain friendly and your contribution is another swing and miss.
You don't understand extremists such as JTF. In his world if ONE "liberal" anywhere in the world says something ignorant or distasteful then ALL liberals everywhere must believe the exact same thing.
I know, stupid, but that's how people like JTF roll.