The Friendship of Ellen and GWB

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
I know Bush was no angel. Lot's of Presidents have done some horrid despicable things.

Trump's on an Island by himself.

My opposition to Trump stopped being about politics a long time ago. This isn't about me being a progressive rejecting conservatism, it's about me, as a decent human being, rejecting a bigoted, racist, vile piece of shit and an all-around disgusting person.
As stated in my sig file.

Reactions: HadEnough2
May 2019
Backatown, USA
I know Bush was no angel. Lot's of Presidents have done some horrid despicable things.

Trump's on an Island by himself.

My opposition to Trump stopped being about politics a long time ago. This isn't about me being a progressive rejecting conservatism, it's about me, as a decent human being, rejecting a bigoted, racist, vile piece of shit and an all-around disgusting person.
Bush was a warmonger who used false pretenses to start a war that killed 4500 US troops and 100,000 Iraqis. And he was completely incompetent and lazy - if he wasn't Poppy's son he would have been working as a greeter at Denny's.
Yes, Trump is far worse on every level, but I'm not letting Bush off the hook just because Ellen wants to have a beer with him.

Mar 2019
Portland, OR
Can you be friends with people who still support this President? I get that people are going to have different political views but someone who supports an outright racist? I think that's where I draw the line.
So 45% of the population isn't good enough for your friendship. And what evidence do you have that Trump is racist?

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu
I don't find it surprising that W and Ellen would hang out together. After all, they're both multi-millionaires. They're members of a fairly exclusive club.
So if they make into the Billionaire's Club, they will hang out with Donald J Trump?

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu
Bush was a warmonger who used false pretenses to start a war that killed 4500 US troops and 100,000 Iraqis. And he was completely incompetent and lazy - if he wasn't Poppy's son he would have been working as a greeter at Denny's.
Yes, Trump is far worse on every level, but I'm not letting Bush off the hook just because Ellen wants to have a beer with him.
Thousands of US lives were lost in Obama's failed surge in Afghanistan. Obama's involvement in the Syrian Civil War contributed to the loss of over 400k Syrian lives and created over 7 million Syrian refugees. Obama's war on Libya destroyed one of the wealthiest nations in Africa and destroyed the lives of millions of Libyans for generations. There are open air slave markets in Libya today and it is an incubator for terrorists.

Maybe that's why Michelle Obama is so found of W, he has a lot in common with her husband.

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
So Ruffalo has a big problem with GWB dumping water on suspected terrorists faces at GITMO, but is cool with Obama assassinating thousands of suspected terrorists, along with their families and neighbors in their sleep instead of picking them up for interrogation?
If you want to change the subject, you're taking it up with the wrong party. I don't play that shit.

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu
If you want to change the subject, you're taking it up with the wrong party. I don't play that shit.
There is no changing the subject, there isn't a nickel's worth of difference between GWB and BO, yet Ellen be damned for enjoying the company of GWB.