The greatest threat to the American Society:

May 2014
Between Inane and Insane
Is it Homosexuality?

If you went by the amount of threads on this forum you would draw to the conclusion it is. It make me wonder why so many fringe right wing nutters feel afraid of the Homosexual community?

Is it the fine clothes?

Is it they can cook better than their mothers?

Is it because they are usually successful with everything they do in life because of the fact they have lived a life where the community has looked down on them so they rise above the ignorant minds to strive for a better life?

Is Homosexuality the new Minority to hate?

I know for me I fear a gay man as much as I fear a lesbian woman and neither one strikes fear in my cold black heart. The fact is my brother is gay and I trust him more with my kids than I would with a good majority of the Bible Beating right wing nutters that condemn him for his sexuality!

I believe two people no matter gay or straight can find love with each other and should be treated equally under the law and not have the gay community be told they must sit at the back of the Bus because some religious fanatic that believe a book written by a Emperor has told them being gay is a sin!

So what is the greatest threat to our society?

Ignorance!

Those that live with the ignorance and lack of knowledge pose the greatest threat to our society and it seem they refuse to educate themselves on issues like Same Sex Marriage and Gays donating blood and prefer the Fox News Clown of a life they live. They prefer to stay ignorant and bigoted about the realities of life while the world moves forward. They prefer to be as close minded as those in ISIL while claiming they are more enlighten but the fact is most of the gay bashing buffoons would force their wives to stay home and in the kitchen and deny anyone that does not look like them the same rights under the law, and they claim to be better than ISIL?

So as the great open minded individuals of the fringe right get ready to educate me how my thread is the most ignorant piece of crap they ever read I will state it was a joy to waste a moment of their life they will never get back and prove they are still too ignorant to understand the fact that they are the ignorant fools that are the greatest threat to our society!

God Bless!

Reactions: 2 people
Dec 2013
Switzerland
Ignorance breeds ignorance and prejudice is one of the consequence..... But, seen from Europe, I am puzzled often to what a point so many little educated Americans seem to have no idea, that here is world beyond their state, the USA..... etc... And such people often express themselves on threads, which people of the same condition in Europe would avoid.... It could be a good thing to have such people entering in debates, but most of the time I have the feeling that it is more just to express in an emotional way prejudice than to try to participate and exchange.... And there is often little respect for the interlocutor...... So what to do... To ask people to travel more in an intelligent way ?

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2010
Ohio
Is it Homosexuality?

If you went by the amount of threads on this forum you would draw to the conclusion it is. It make me wonder why so many fringe right wing nutters feel afraid of the Homosexual community?

Is it the fine clothes?

Is it they can cook better than their mothers?

Is it because they are usually successful with everything they do in life because of the fact they have lived a life where the community has looked down on them so they rise above the ignorant minds to strive for a better life?

Is Homosexuality the new Minority to hate?

I know for me I fear a gay man as much as I fear a lesbian woman and neither one strikes fear in my cold black heart. The fact is my brother is gay and I trust him more with my kids than I would with a good majority of the Bible Beating right wing nutters that condemn him for his sexuality!

I believe two people no matter gay or straight can find love with each other and should be treated equally under the law and not have the gay community be told they must sit at the back of the Bus because some religious fanatic that believe a book written by a Emperor has told them being gay is a sin!

So what is the greatest threat to our society?

Ignorance!

Those that live with the ignorance and lack of knowledge pose the greatest threat to our society and it seem they refuse to educate themselves on issues like Same Sex Marriage and Gays donating blood and prefer the Fox News Clown of a life they live. They prefer to stay ignorant and bigoted about the realities of life while the world moves forward. They prefer to be as close minded as those in ISIL while claiming they are more enlighten but the fact is most of the gay bashing buffoons would force their wives to stay home and in the kitchen and deny anyone that does not look like them the same rights under the law, and they claim to be better than ISIL?

So as the great open minded individuals of the fringe right get ready to educate me how my thread is the most ignorant piece of crap they ever read I will state it was a joy to waste a moment of their life they will never get back and prove they are still too ignorant to understand the fact that they are the ignorant fools that are the greatest threat to our society!

God Bless!
There is no threat to society because society cannot be threatened. Society is merely an abstract concept.

Homosexuals may be a minority group but they are not the most hated or persecuted minority.

The most oppressed , hated and persecuted minority is the minority of one individual.

It does not matter whether one is left wing or right wing both sides are struggling for control over this minority in the name of their vision of " society ".

May 2012
By the wall
Another gay thread?

And why is being opposed to gay marriage being associated with bigotry?

It is a social issue.

This is what the left does however, if you do not agree with their ideology they label you as someone who hates.

This is why liberalism is the greatest threat to a society.

Feb 2011
The greatest place on Earth California
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.,

Reactions: 3 people

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
Neither of those things (ignorance or homosexuality) is a threat to the entirety of American society.

No one issue is that much of a threat. We are worse than the media in blowing this stuff out of proportion.

Homosexuality and ignorance has existed since the dawn of time and the earth keeps turning (socially speaking).

They are a threat to some degree however.

The biggest threat is letting a lot of little threats. It amounts. Now we are a society who has a problem when there is no problem. And every little thing is enormous.

This goes for activists, counter-activists, dissenters, moral-soapboxers, traditionalists, pro-lifers, pro-choicers... the list goes on.

We like the issues we have because it gives us a purpose of sorts. It becomes who we are.

I'm a web developer, artist, dad, musician. I'm not a liberal, or anti-government, or pro-gay, or whatever else people take up as a cause. Those causes make up 0.001 of who I am.

May 2014
Between Inane and Insane
Neither of those things (ignorance or homosexuality) is a threat to the entirety of American society.

No one issue is that much of a threat. We are worse than the media in blowing this stuff out of proportion.

Homosexuality and ignorance has existed since the dawn of time and the earth keeps turning (socially speaking).

They are a threat to some degree however.

The biggest threat is letting a lot of little threats. It amounts. Now we are a society who has a problem when there is no problem. And every little thing is enormous.

This goes for activists, counter-activists, dissenters, moral-soapboxers, traditionalists, pro-lifers, pro-choicers... the list goes on.

We like the issues we have because it gives us a purpose of sorts. It becomes who we are.

I'm a web developer, artist, dad, musician. I'm not a liberal, or anti-government, or pro-gay, or whatever else people take up as a cause. Those causes make up 0.001 of who I am.
I disagree with the part about being ignorant not being the biggest threat to our Nation.

Too many people are ignorant on issues like Women rights, Illegal Immigration, Same Sex Marriage, The ACA and many other things and rely on the media to inform them how to think which is bought and own by corporate America and the Corporate World.

The fact is so many people in this country rely on second hand information instead of reading up and studying the issue while taking in all sides on the debate while weighing the issues pro's and con's. Too many people become ignorant partisan fools that believe one side or the other has the correct answer and the fact is in the political world both sides could be wrong while also being correct. ( I know strange )

So for me the fact that I used Homosexuality to launch this discussion was for a reason and that is I tire of the ignorant mass that has little knowledge about the Gay community except when their media tell them what they should know. The fact is one OP'er on this site mention the possible lifting of the ban for Homosexuals to donate blood and wrote a very stupid response to his or her OP about how diseases could be contracted via the donated blood without realizing the method of testing for these diseases have improved since the time of the ban was first implemented.

So with that type of ignorance still running amuck in our society it is a danger because one day we will live under another McCarthy type of life where we think our neighbors are a threat, oh wait we already do.

So I appreciate your response and hope you accept my view on this and I just disagree with everyone that believe ignorance is not our biggest threat to our society.

Last edited:
Feb 2013
<«-------†------»> Floating Between Dimensions.
The greatest threat is the new American Oligarchy, they are determined to destroy our Democracy.
All most, but the stock exchange is the tool that allows non americans/ others and some nations to control this nations policies and direction.
The banks are owned by these others and some nations that are raping this nations, from the outside.

Reactions: 2 people
Dec 2013
Switzerland
What do you mean, your comment is difficult to understand.... actually the USA are still very strong economically and usually it is more people from other nations who complain that US companies control part of their economy.........