The Growing Rejection Of Expertise In America

Apr 2015
Katmandu
Kindly stop spamming the board with your idiocies, Libertine. Nothing that I posted in my previous post was a lie. If you are disputing ANY of the three numbered points I made in my previous post, then DO so. Here they are again:

(1) America LOST jobs in EVERY month of 2009 except for November, when we gained a paltry 12,000 jobs;

(2) We lost very nearly 2.5 million jobs in the First Quarter of 2009, when you continue to insist that the economy was "improving"; and that

(3) We lost more jobs in June of 2009 than we did in May of that year, going from 344,000 jobs lost in May, to 465,000 jobs lost (nearly half a million, by the way!) in June.......
As your cite shows the jobs market hit rock bottom in March 2009 and started improving, that is a mathematical fact.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Enough with the personal insults, you don't have to be a mathematician to see that the economy hit rock bottom in Q4 2008 and started improving immediately after.
The American economy was SHRINKING until Real GDP started GROWING, which did not take place until the blue line in the graph CROSSES the zero line, and that did not happen until well into the SECOND quarter of 2009, mathematical illiterate. I'm utterly baffled that you don't understand this. It is a VERY simple point. Let me repeat it for you, for about the twentieth time: If Real GDP Growth is negative, the economy is SHRINKING.

No one in their right mind would say that their retirement account was 'improving' if it was shrinking. Maybe you would, but no one in their right mind would.

Are you still disputing that the job market WORSENED from May to June in that year of 2009? On what basis? It also worsened from August to September.

Jan 2016
Colorado
And now, for the THIRTEENTH time, Libertine:

Do you, or do you not, agree with President Donald Trump's repeated claims that it is China, and not American consumers, who are paying the costs of the tariffs that he has imposed on Chinese imports?

Jan 2016
Colorado
You're dealing with an ignoramus who thinks he's a genius. Why waste your time?
Libertine is a professional propagandist, an historical revisionist, and a person who is either unwilling or unable to answer a simple question such as the one posed in post #394, and I doubt very much that you would be willing to answer the same question. Nor can you refute any of the points I have been making to Libertine in this ongoing discussion.

Jun 2019
A red welfare state
Nothing as entertaining as a bunch of educated idiots telling everyone how their opinion is so much more important than ours.

I think they told us that Hillary was gonna win the last presidential election, too.

So, maybe they don't get EVERYTHING right...

Are you going to see your car mechanic in the event you need brain surgery just because pollsters got it wrong? Will you be seeing a gardener for any future dental work? Will you be listening to random idiots on a forum for information on Climate Change? Just curious.

I remember something happening days before the election that the polls didn't have time to reflect.

Apr 2018
oregon
Libertine is a professional propagandist, an historical revisionist, and a person who is either unwilling or unable to answer a simple question such as the one posed in post #394, and I doubt very much that you would be willing to answer the same question. Nor can you refute any of the points I have been making to Libertine in this ongoing discussion.
Sorry, he's correct and you're wrong.