The Handmaid's Tale to be a Hulu series

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale will be made into a series at Hulu | The Verge

Cannot wait.

Hulu has given a series order to The Handmaid's Tale, a show based on Margaret Atwood's 1985 novel of the same name. The story is set in Gilead, a military republic (formerly part of the United States) where a suspension of the Constitution strips women entirely of their rights. Atwood will serve as a consulting producer for the series.

Elizabeth Moss (Mad Men) will star as Offred, a handmaid whose sole function in society is a reproductive one. She is "assigned" to The Commander of the new regime, a man named Fred whose relationship with Offred is an unorthodox one.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
Have to have the Plus. It's only $8/month though (with commercials - and there aren't many).

($12 w/o commercials)

But one only needs it for one month to see the series if one waits until it's over. Just watch the whole series that month.

Or season. Get it for one month a year to see the season.

That is my plan for Showtime, STARZ, and HBO series.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Have to have the Plus. It's only $8/month though (with commercials - and there aren't many).

($12 w/o commercials)

But one only needs it for one month to see the series if one waits until it's over. Just watch the whole series that month.

Or season. Get it for one month a year to see the season.

That is my plan for Showtime, STARZ, and HBO series.
While you have it you can watch the excellent mini-series of the Stephen King Kennedy Assassination novel.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
While you have it you can watch the excellent mini-series of the Stephen King Kennedy Assassination novel.
I'm keeping Hulu Plus all the time. It has almost all broadcast shows 'recorded' (as opposed to using my antenna). Sit down and watch when they air? And miss some? No way, lol.