The Handmaid's Tale

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Margaret Atwood Poses 10 New Questions About 'The Handmaid's Tale'

Viewers will have plenty of questions heading into the April 26 premiere of Hulu and MGM’s 10-part series The Handmaid’s Tale, which is based on the award-winning novel by Canadian Margaret Atwood. But they aren’t the only ones.

As the story of Offred (Elisabeth Moss) and her time in the totalitarian, male-driven society of Gilead has unfolded and evolved under showrunner Bruce Miller’s watchful eye, Atwood has also revisited her characters in the wake of all the new publicity. (The 1985 novel recently topped Amazon’s best-sellers list.) For her, that meant releasing a new special edition of her book on Audible, featuring Claire Danes.

The edition was released wide Tuesday, and builds on the ending Atwood originally presented in the concluding, “Historical Notes” section of the piece. That futuristic chapter featured a character named Professor Pieixoto giving a guest lecture in Nunavit, Canada, about the reliability of the narrator from tapes found decades after the fall of Gilead — aka what was turned into the story of The Handmaid.

[hr][/hr]
I may have to watch this, especially as two of my shows just ended (Grimm and Bones).

Reactions: 1 person
Feb 2015
sadness
only on hulu?

if it is anything like the book it will be good. Did you ever see this version?

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
only on hulu?

if it is anything like the book it will be good. Did you ever see this version?

I have seen it, after having read the book. For some reason, especially considering the cast, I wasn't particularly impressed. Maybe I should see it again.

Feb 2015
sadness
i did not think it that impressive either. Hopefully with 10 hours to play with this new version will be more fleshed out and better quality.

Reactions: 1 person