The Humiliation of Aziz Ansari

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
Right, it's my go to. :wink:

But if you don't want to reciprocate, that's perfectly fine. I don't have to drink wine and watch House Hunters with you either.

I have found the best policy when it come to these things is to just be brutally honest. Come right out and say your true intentions. If they don't like it or aren't on the same page, fine. Nothing has to happen that the other person feels uncomfortable with if everyone knows each other's intentions and expectations.
This case is idiotic and I am surprised she started this. Any woman, past the age of 21 know there is at least a 70% chance of a mixed message if she goes to a guys house on the first date. They are most likely NOT asking you to watch HH and drink wine. She had a few chances to leave and she didn't...that alone sends a mixed message, especially after the little scene that happened the first 15 minutes of entering his home. LOL The best policy is to drive yourself to a date, that way you can bolt if the guy is a douche and never go to their house until you get to know them better. You never know what can happen once that door closes...male or female.

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
This case is idiotic and I am surprised she started this. Any woman, past the age of 21 know there is at least a 70% chance of a mixed message if she goes to a guys house on the first date. They are most likely NOT asking you to watch HH and drink wine. She had a few chances to leave and she didn't...that alone sends a mixed message, especially after the little scene that happened the first 15 minutes of entering his home. LOL The best policy is to drive yourself to a date, that way you can bolt if the guy is a douche and never go to their house until you get to know them better. You never know what can happen once that door closes...male or female.
There are some pretty simple and basic common sense rules for women regarding first dates.

Meet in a public place with lots of people around.
Take your own car so you can ditch the guy at the first sign of inappropriate behaviour.
Never go to his place alone.
Make sure someone trustworthy knows where you are going and with whom.

If you don't know that by the time you're 18 you're a serious dumbass.
Some ugly things can happen to a dumbass

libertariat720

Former Staff
Oct 2015
ohio
Yep, I'd suggest the same thing. Both drive to the first date. Plan something fun like mini-golf or a museum, and set a time limit for the date as well. Don't just wing it and end up at someone's house not having a plan. That's how situations like this happen.

libertariat720

Former Staff
Oct 2015
ohio
There are some pretty simple and basic common sense rules for women regarding first dates.

Take your own car so you can ditch the guy at the first sign of inappropriate behaviour.

Right, make sure someone knows where and who you are with, that's another one.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
Yep, I'd suggest the same thing. Both drive to the first date. Plan something fun like mini-golf or a museum, and set a time limit for the date as well. Don't just wing it and end up at someone's house not having a plan. That's how situations like this happen.
There must be a plan for a first date. Sitting around watching TV is boring. LOL. Going out and doing something fun is how you get to know a person. Macduff hit it on the nose with his post. A girl or guy should never be that easy...it takes the excitement out of getting to know each other and looking forward to the next level of a relationship. You don't have to start the date out with a statement like this, "Now if you are looking for a BJ, we best not go out" By being smart, you don't have to worry about it.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA

There are some pretty weird women out there as well. My buddy picked up a young woman at a bar once, took her home, had fun, and she spent the night. The next morning, he was getting ready for work and she wouldn't leave and she did not leave for 3 days. Come to find out, she was kicked out of her parents home for using Meth. That made him real nervous..and he ended up asking his sister to go over there and make sure she left. Now, he uses hotels for one night stands instead of his home.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas

Careful. Don't move into making actual sexual assault into the responsibility of women not to do 'stupid' things.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
I did not occur to him, apparently, that the one-night-stand concept might be what got him in trouble ... ?
This guy is like a brother to me and I hammer him all the time about his "dating habits". He is gorgeous and wealthy and he likes to drink. That is his real issue, IMO. Booze clouds his judgement when he is out and about. I tell him all the time, the next one could end up cutting his throat when he is sleeping and steal every thing they can carry. He also seems to attract a lot of married women...they just meet him at his house on their lunch hour, bangs him and leaves. This could end up being a grave mistake as well...as I tell him, one day he is going to open the door and will be greeted with a Glock in his face by a angry husband. The married ones are truly bonafide nut jobs...the wives in our close circle of friends asked him nicely to stop bringing them to our gatherings and parties. LOL The crazier the better for him. I don't get it.