The "logic" behind abortion bans.....Sentence mothers to death along with their unborn "child"

Nov 2014
Canada
Lets try to agree on something here. Once the sperm and the egg get together, there is a new life involved...correct?
Not a fully formed, human life. There is the potential, but no guarantee. Roughly 1/3 of eggs don't fully develop.

When a man is able to become pregnant and risk dying in childbirth, he can have some imput. In 2013 the rate was 18.5 deaths per 100,000 live births in the US. Globally, 303,000 women died of pregnancy or childbirth related causes in 2015. Hundreds of women die everyday in childbirth.

Most of the...men (kaff) pushing for these restrictions couldn't tell a vulva from a vagina and would fail miserably when asked how a woman's menstrual cycle works. They have NO idea as to the mechanisms of how a woman's body functions. Their abject ignorance and contempt for women is clear.

Want to stop abortions? Fine. Upon reaching puberty, all men must succumb to a vasectomy. It can be reversed when he decided he wants to have a child with the woman he has married.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Some women say, "My body, my choice". You have a choice over your body. The baby is NOT part of your body. When we make choices, then we pay the concequences of when we make the wrong choice. There is now a real live person in your body entitled to live.
What if you did not have that choice? Much too simplistic to cover all cases.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Lets try to agree on something here. Once the sperm and the egg get together, there is a new life involved...correct?
Potential new life, that is all it is, nature removes millions of these a year on its own without human help. It certainly is not a person with rights at this point. With 7.7 billion humans it is not like we need more people on the planet, after all. We have more than "gone forth and populate the world" many times over. I understand you don't like the "idea" of abortion, but do you weep over the millions of miscarriages that happen every year from natural causes? The truth is these women do not want a child for whatever reason, and the rest of the truth is neither does anyone else want them, they don't want to feed them, educate them, or raise them. We see right wingers on here every single day railing about welfare, railing about public health care, railing about personal responsibility. The hypocrisy of forced birth and then abandonment for the rest of its life is appalling. The very best way to reduce abortions is education, easily available birth control and raising the standard of living for the population as a whole. Not Gestapo bullshit like we are getting from the right. Prison? Seriously?

Sep 2013
On a hill
So in your mind, they are children. Why are you so comfortable with killing them?
It is the conservative position that born human beings dont have the right to food, shelter, clothing, or medical care following birth, is it not. Why then does a fetus have a right to those conditions necessary to support life when it is dependent on a woman's body to provide them.

(I think its because conservatives can demand by law that another provide, while the contents of their wallet remains secure)

Sep 2013
On a hill
Potential new life, that is all it is, nature removes millions of these a year on its own without human help. It certainly is not a person with rights at this point. With 7.7 billion humans it is not like we need more people on the planet, after all. We have more than "gone forth and populate the world" many times over. I understand you don't like the "idea" of abortion, but do you weep over the millions of miscarriages that happen every year from natural causes? The truth is these women do not want a child for whatever reason, and the rest of the truth is neither does anyone else want them, they don't want to feed them, educate them, or raise them. We see right wingers on here every single day railing about welfare, railing about public health care, railing about personal responsibility. The hypocrisy of forced birth and then abandonment for the rest of its life is appalling. The very best way to reduce abortions is education, easily available birth control and raising the standard of living for the population as a whole. Not Gestapo bullshit like we are getting from the right. Prison? Seriously?
A study from Washington University School of Medicine shows that providing free birth control to women reduces unplanned pregnancies and abortions

Access to free birth control reduces abortion rates | Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis

But of course we cant do that, can we.

Apr 2018
Northern end of Lake Erie
I don't want to live your society and I will fight tooth and nail at the ballot box to keep our country from being what you envision. *spit*
What? That women are protected and cherished? That human life is defined in much more than "personhood"? Hitler had the exact same viewpoint as you pro aborts. Except his cost the lives of 6 million Jews alone!