The Lone Ranger Was A Black Man

Nov 2007
Prague, Czech Republic
So I’m a history nerd. I knew this about Bass Reeves. He was a bad ass. Would love to see him portrayed on the screen for real. Not sure who to cast for him. Denzel is always a great pick, but I feel like there is someone that looks like him. And I can’t place the name.
The face looked very familiar to me too, but after thinking a bit I reckon it's because he reminds me of Tupac. He would not be available to play him on TV.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
He'd probably be in jail today. The ACLU would like to intervene, did you read him his rights? Couldn't you have pepper sprayed him? Do you have any witnesses to attest to that fact? You're on 30 day suspension while we investigate the shooting. The community complained so you're fired. And the ASPCA would like to know how often you feed your horse too.
So what? Cops generally go on PAID administrative leave when a shooting is investigated. Free paid vacation.
What are you whing about now, that it's not the 1870's?

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
So I’m a history nerd. I knew this about Bass Reeves. He was a bad ass. Would love to see him portrayed on the screen for real. Not sure who to cast for him. Denzel is always a great pick, but I feel like there is someone that looks like him. And I can’t place the name.
The scifi time travelling series Timeless had a Bass Reeves episode last season..

May 2016
california
So what? Cops generally go on PAID administrative leave when a shooting is investigated. Free paid vacation.
What are you whing about now, that it's not the 1870's?
No, I appreciate modern living, rather that heros can't seem to exist anymore.