The man who got 100 "gay" teachers fired...

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I was just reading this Russian article on lenta.ru news site: Мусульманин объявил войну геям. И уволил уже сто учителей: Общество: Россия: Lenta.ru

It's about this guy, Timur Bulatov, a ethnic Tatar, Muslim "community activist" from St. Petersburg

This guy and his followers (in alliance with similar Orthodox Christian wack-jobs like this fella: Anti-Gay Russian Lawmaker Disrupts Opening of LGBT Film Festival) have made it their mission to weed out any LGBT people from Russia's school system, or any non-LGBT people who happen to be sympathetic to LGBTs either. Basically, anyone who dares tell kids that being a gay or a lesbian or such is not despicable and repulsive and a sin for which they will spend eternity being boiled alive in the deepest pits of hell, becomes their target, not just in St. Petersburg, they've taken their campaign countrywide, using the internet and recruiting likeminded psychos in every city.

For example, this teacher Maria Shestopalova in Krasnoyarsk, in Siberia

One of Bulatov's acolytes found a photo of her at what appeared to be a pro-LGBT event. I believe that's the one above. She also had GASP! piercings, which they decided is totally inappropriate for a Russian teacher. Long story short, the regional education authority was inundated with on and offline hate mail about her from crazy religious people incited by Bulatov and others; until, finally, they fired her. In 2016, that was.

Later on, Darina Evstafieva, a transgender woman and business owner also from Krasnoyarsk, apparently a friend of Shestopalova

spoke out in her defense. In turn, Bulatov's followers publicly exposed her transgender status, which resulted in her business losing most clients; her son being severely beaten up at school; as well as death threats against her and her wife (who had accepted her gender transition from man to woman during their marriage and stayed by her) by all kinds of other right-wing bigots, as well as their car being set ablaze. The family finally had to flee to the US, after learning that Bulatov and his local friends in Krasnoyarsk were working to get the authorities there to seize their kids. They've now received asylum in America and live in California, I believe.

This young gay man in St. Petersburg lost his eye, after Bulatov published his identifying information online, and he was then attacked by anti-gay vigilantes outside his apartment building and shot in the face with a "traumatic" (rubber bullet pistol)

A pic from Bulatov's VKontake (Russian Facebook) page

He also brags about being mentioned in LA Times

Nice fella, in short...

Wonder what drives folks like these??? Is he himself secretly of some non-straight orientation and hates himself for it, so tries to screw up other people's lives out of this sheer spite???

Or else, WHY??? What is it to him, who other people choose to go to bed with???

Sep 2012
SoCal
Wonder what drives folks like these??? Is he himself secretly of some non-straight orientation and hates himself for it, so tries to screw up other people's lives out of this sheer spite???

There are those in the US who would do that here … they hate anyone not like themselves, or what they profess themselves to be, and would destroy them. Why is unfathomable.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I agree, why do some people have to be so hateful and intrusive simply because of their religion?

Live and let live.
There are those in the US who would do that here … they hate anyone not like themselves, or what they profess themselves to be, and would destroy them. Why is unfathomable.
Strong Putin supporter, that one, too... I recall, now that I think about it, this Bulatov and some buddies of his disrupting a liberal opposition protest against the conflict with Ukraine and military adventurism in general. They ended up attacking a guy who held a poster against illegal, in his opinion, annexation of Crimea. They beat up that one and also pepper sprayed him and couple of the others who tried to intervene. Bunch of cops were actually standing nearby, did nothing... If you are pro-Kremlin over there, can do whatever the hell you want, these days, it seems...

Aug 2018
Vancouver
I was just reading this Russian article on lenta.ru news site: Мусульманин объявил войну геям. И уволил уже сто учителей: Общество: Россия: Lenta.ru

It's about this guy, Timur Bulatov, a ethnic Tatar, Muslim "community activist" from St. Petersburg

This guy and his followers (in alliance with similar Orthodox Christian wack-jobs like this fella: Anti-Gay Russian Lawmaker Disrupts Opening of LGBT Film Festival) have made it their mission to weed out any LGBT people from Russia's school system, or any non-LGBT people who happen to be sympathetic to LGBTs either. Basically, anyone who dares tell kids that being a gay or a lesbian or such is not despicable and repulsive and a sin for which they will spend eternity being boiled alive in the deepest pits of hell, becomes their target, not just in St. Petersburg, they've taken their campaign countrywide, using the internet and recruiting likeminded psychos in every city.

For example, this teacher Maria Shestopalova in Krasnoyarsk, in Siberia

One of Bulatov's acolytes found a photo of her at what appeared to be a pro-LGBT event. I believe that's the one above. She also had GASP! piercings, which they decided is totally inappropriate for a Russian teacher. Long story short, the regional education authority was inundated with on and offline hate mail about her from crazy religious people incited by Bulatov and others; until, finally, they fired her. In 2016, that was.

Later on, Darina Evstafieva, a transgender woman and business owner also from Krasnoyarsk, apparently a friend of Shestopalova

spoke out in her defense. In turn, Bulatov's followers publicly exposed her transgender status, which resulted in her business losing most clients; her son being severely beaten up at school; as well as death threats against her and her wife (who had accepted her gender transition from man to woman during their marriage and stayed by her) by all kinds of other right-wing bigots, as well as their car being set ablaze. The family finally had to flee to the US, after learning that Bulatov and his local friends in Krasnoyarsk were working to get the authorities there to seize their kids. They've now received asylum in America and live in California, I believe.

This young gay man in St. Petersburg lost his eye, after Bulatov published his identifying information online, and he was then attacked by anti-gay vigilantes outside his apartment building and shot in the face with a "traumatic" (rubber bullet pistol)

A pic from Bulatov's VKontake (Russian Facebook) page

He also brags about being mentioned in LA Times

Nice fella, in short...

I think absolutely this guy, and men like him, are trying to bury their own sexuality. As violently as possible.

The only possible reason. No doubt in my mind.

What a horrible thing to live under their thumb.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I think absolutely this guy, and men like him, are trying to bury their own sexuality. As violently as possible.

The only possible reason. No doubt in my mind.

What a horrible thing to live under their thumb.
It's a circle IMHO

The wider society over there is homophobic and hostile to LGBT people, which discourages, of course, them from "coming out" in the open, and encourages indeed self-loathing and hate. I am sure that, in turn, can create people like this...